If Livin Lite is closed...does it matter?

Started by derelict, February 21, 2018, 11:54:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Sanders

I'm not ready to sell it yet, but I expect our mint condition 2010 6.0 to be ready for a new home this year.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

derelict

Quote from: gcamp on February 26, 2018, 11:52:59 PM
Orrrrr, consider intech Luna instead. Looks like this is where Scott T is now working

The Luna is nice but is missing the option for an inside kitchen and a wet bath.

Quote from: tco2612 on February 27, 2018, 06:29:43 AM
or consider a well kept used unit when it was still all aluminum with no build issues.

We are considering a gently used one but my wife really has this thing against purchasing used campers. I do not but for some reason, she does. It will be a hard sell.

pjcd

The InTech Explore Flyer is nice, I was looking at one with two tip out beds. I'm toying with the idea of getting one for dry camping. With all the storage, I wouldn't need to take the truck.

Capt J-rod

Used trailers are no big deal for us. The previous owner had bought a new toy hauler and already upgraded the mattress, he gave us the brand new one that came with his new trailer. In a camplite there is no carpet, or anything else to stay dirty. Had it been smoked in I may have had an issue.

djsamuel

Remember, there were plenty of build issues with the all aluminum Camplites.  My 2013 had plenty (leaks, screws falling out, bad A/C not to mention the current corrosion on my doors).  However, beneath all of that there is a really solid camper.  Once the issues are ironed out, it is just a matter of maintenance; except for the doors, which still bug me.

pjcd

I couldn't agree more, QC issues are the bane of the RV's industries existence. LL had their fair share of them, but, the fundamental design, (all aluminum) is what drew people to their product.

bcsnave

Quote from: MitchB on February 22, 2018, 12:07:55 PM
That first one is just artwork, but how much functional difference is there between the first one and the third one? Is the third one a reasonable weld that just wasn't cleaned up nicely?  Wish I could weld!

Mitch..the first weld is a robotic welded part. The second is brittle and the welder doesn't appear to be back filling the weld. The third is an uneven throat and not a quality job.
Camping –
Where friends & marshmallows get toasted at the same time!

bcsnave

Quote from: pjcd on February 23, 2018, 02:59:48 PM
What real difference does it all make, Thor will or will not stand behind their product, anyone who is denied coverage will no doubt inform the forum.  That being said, LL was a good product, they had their issues and stood behind the product when problems needed to be solved, I'm still happy with the camper in spite of those problems and once the product strayed from the original concept, I was no longer interested in them.

Thor will or will not stand behind their product ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ;D ;D :o
Camping –
Where friends & marshmallows get toasted at the same time!