Faucet Water Filters in RVs

Started by GrampaKilt, July 25, 2020, 03:04:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrampaKilt

Quote from: Pinstriper on January 24, 2017, 11:25:29 AM
We had a Brita mounted to the faucet but changed to a Pur. Pur's filter covers virus and bacteria plus all the other contaminents.

We also put a charcoal filter at the standpipe as a prefilter for the entire shebang.
Some time ago, Pinstriper wrote this, so I've started a new thread.

I like the idea of a faucet filter but have not found any feedback regarding use in an RV. I wonder if you could comment, Pinstriper, and others, about functionality in the context of an RV's water pressure. Any reason you choose PUR? I wouldn't mind installing an undercounter filter but the thought of adding another spigot to the countertop, not to mention another hole through the quartzite, may take some convincing. GK

Merlin

It will be interesting to see where this topic goes! As for me, I pre-filter every drop of water that goes into the camper using a the standard blue PUR in-line filter at the end of the hose (for both fresh tank fill and shore water). For drinking and cooking I use a Brita faucet filter and there is no problem with the pump or the shore water providing plenty of pressure to make that work. I should mention that I also use a pressure regulator just before the PUR filer outside on the shore water connection so that neither of the filters is blown out by too high a pressure.I change both filters each season and flush well before an extended no-use.
Michigan

Pinstriper

I provided the reason I switched: the Pur has a better filter that includes some virus coverage. It is still a faucet mount, not under the counter. No drilling or mounting.

As for results ? I dunno. I drink it, my wife insists on bringing water from home in jugs. I haven't gotten sick or had any odd flavors. I have not taken samples and tested, so....

I also use a blue filter, Camco I think, just after the regulator.

I do all our dishes outside. I have a fish cleaning table from Cabela's, what has a sink and faucet that connects to the outdoor shower. Keeps the gray tank less full.

I save on black tank by peeing outside, as do the dogs. Mrs. P is more stubborn about these things.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk