Camplite Kitchen Water Filter Addition

Started by charliem, January 23, 2017, 04:07:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charliem

This is a repost of my original kitchen water filter addition suggestion.

Thanks to TinkeringTechie for the original inspiration.  The filter is mounted to the frame tubing in the lower cabinet under the sink. I was afraid of supporting the mass of the filled filter with just the supplied bracket under travel conditions so I added a tie down at the bottom, secured by zip ties. Velcro could also be used, but I don't expect to replace the filter every month. The bottom 1x2 is also mounted to the cabinet frame. As usual when I over design a mod, the filter now contributes to the structure  ;) .

https://www.amazon.com/Culligan-US-EZ-4-EZ-Change-Under-Sink-Drinking/dp/B000NNPVUS/ref=sr_1_2?s=kitchen-bath&srs=2587953011&ie=UTF8&qid=1462899375&sr=1-2&keywords=culligan+water+filter
Any 20 minute job can be stretched to a week with proper planning

Charlie
Northern Colorado
2014 21RBS
2013 Tacoma supercharged 4.0L V6
E2 WDH, P3 controller

tinkeringtechie

One thing that I may have mentioned on your post or my original post is that there are three levels of filters from Culligan: 1, 3, 4 (they skip 2 for some reason). Level 1 and 3 are physically smaller than level 4, so even though 4 filters out more contaminants it still maintains a good flow rate. I actually found that 3 was too slow with pump pressure. So if flow rate is important to you then stick with level 1 or 4.

charliem

I knew that or discovered that initially. I like flow rate and my wife likes filtered so that settled it. It's not a big cost item because I don't plan on replacing the filter every month  ::) . That is after I got rid of that silly clock driven blinking light!
Any 20 minute job can be stretched to a week with proper planning

Charlie
Northern Colorado
2014 21RBS
2013 Tacoma supercharged 4.0L V6
E2 WDH, P3 controller

Pinstriper

We had a Brita mounted to the faucet but changed to a Pur. Pur's filter covers virus and bacteria plus all the other contaminents.

We also put a charcoal filter at the standpipe as a prefilter for the entire shebang.