Old forum Archive
This is where all the topics from the old forum that was shutdown are saved in a read-only forum. You can refer to it on this forum by using a link or copying the data over.
http://archive.aluminiumcamperforum.com/

Author Topic: Toilet plunger  (Read 153 times)

Merlin

• Global Moderator
    • TV and RV:
      2017 Land Cruiser

• 2015 Camplite 16TBS
    • View Profile
Toilet plunger
« on: August 21, 2018, 10:49:22 AM »
So we were at Gogebic State Park in Michigan on our recent trip west, waiting in line behind a huge motor home at the dump station. About halfway through dumping its 200 gallon tank, the pipe into the park’s underground tank clogged up and overflowed. Epic yuck. A park staff noticed (!) and came over with a standard toilet plunger to clear the clog. It was a hoot seeing that tiny plunger fixing the problem.  :o. After the motor home was done and a massive cleanup, we quickly dumped a few gallons while chatting with the park staff. He was not a fan of the huge tanks with 4” drain lines on motor homes, saying they frequently overwhelm the pipes at the park. I thanked him for his quick work and we had a good laugh about low tech solutions.
Michigan

Steve Sanders

• Premium Member
    • TV and RV:
      Hyundai Santa Fe

• 2010 6.0 & 2012 8.1
    • View Profile
Re: Toilet plunger
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2018, 10:53:37 AM »
These are the stories that make me happy that my Quicksilver pop up doesn't have a bathroom!! Thanks, but I'm fine with the bath house!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

DocktorJJ

• Premium Member
    • TV and RV:
      2015 Toyota Tundra

• 2017 CampLite 21RBS
    • View Profile
Re: Toilet plunger
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2018, 10:13:05 PM »
Merlin,

Reminds me of movie RV. Anyone got a wye?  If you don't get it rent RV with the late Robin Williams. LOL
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did so. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”

—Mark Twain [Samuel Clemens]