Livin Lite Forum

Started by djsamuel, December 11, 2017, 09:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djsamuel

For those who may at times go to the Livin Lite forum, it was recently revealed by someone that Dan Miller, who was the site admin, is no longer with the company.  Someone spoke with a person at Livin Lite who confirmed that Dan is gone, and nobody from Livin Lite is monitoring the web site; only the Facebook page.  What a wasted effort.

Doug

Paul

When I got my 21BHS I had sent a picture to Dan with my truck because he had sent me pictures of my unit at the factory. Someone else replied to the email, I though maybe he was on vacation or something. Now I know why!
2014 Ford Escape
2015 Camplite 13QBB
2016 Ford F150
2018 Ford F150
2018 Camplite 21BHS

Merlin

I find it hard to believe that LL would let a forum with their name/logo/financial support on it go unmonitored for very long. If I were them, I would either monitor it or close it to new posts.
Michigan

charliem

Seems like the only benefit the factory LL forum offered was the connection to and response from the factory. My observation is most of their members are new owners, probably advised by dealers with the promise of factory sanction and participation. If that's gone the whole thing is a bust. Any of you who participate in that forum want to remind their members that we exist? Doug? David? Paul? Might be an opportunity to reunite the LL user community.
Any 20 minute job can be stretched to a week with proper planning

Charlie
Northern Colorado
2014 21RBS
2013 Tacoma supercharged 4.0L V6
E2 WDH, P3 controller

Pinstriper

That forum was the only official way to get the owners manuals in PDF after they removed them from the website.

This is...uh...NOT the first time they've demonstrated a low inventory of clues laying around the office.

djsamuel

Quote from: charliem on December 12, 2017, 12:46:03 AM
Seems like the only benefit the factory LL forum offered was the connection to and response from the factory. My observation is most of their members are new owners, probably advised by dealers with the promise of factory sanction and participation. If that's gone the whole thing is a bust. Any of you who participate in that forum want to remind their members that we exist? Doug? David? Paul? Might be an opportunity to reunite the LL user community.

Good idea. I'll have to do that.

charliem

Quote from: Pinstriper on December 12, 2017, 01:35:17 AM
That forum was the only official way to get the owners manuals in PDF after they removed them from the website.

If the posted manuals are the same ones I got, why bother. The appliance manuals can be gotten elsewhere on line and the overall camper manual is so generic it's useless. No loss IMO. Much more real info available right here from experienced owners.
Any 20 minute job can be stretched to a week with proper planning

Charlie
Northern Colorado
2014 21RBS
2013 Tacoma supercharged 4.0L V6
E2 WDH, P3 controller

Jeepsk8

It's quite sad really. This line of campers offers something different from most of the others and having that factory sponsored site was a brilliant idea that could have been a value added selling point. Lost opportunity for Livin Lite in my opinion.

whitecastleman

Just one more example of LL not supporting their customers.  This site is now my "go to" place for information.

Paul

I have sent an email to Livin Lite to see if they are interested in providing us the data and domain name in order to merge both forum together.
2014 Ford Escape
2015 Camplite 13QBB
2016 Ford F150
2018 Ford F150
2018 Camplite 21BHS

Merlin

That would be cool, to have access to all the LL info in one place.
Michigan

Pinstriper

Whatever makes the most sense for customers AND is in their own best interest will be the  option they refuse to adopt.

"they" = "these clowns"

RockorSomething

Quote from: Jeepsk8 on December 12, 2017, 11:04:38 AM
It's quite sad really. This line of campers offers something different from most of the others and having that factory sponsored site was a brilliant idea that could have been a value added selling point. Lost opportunity for Livin Lite in my opinion.
Agreed. This is 2017. I think it's safe to say that online presence and opinion plays a pretty big role in the decision to buy a certain brand of camper. This year my wife and I purchased a new camper, but not before untold hours of online research.
This seems like a lost opportunity to promote their brand, foster a 'community', and refute negative rumors.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

PaulJ

I am so glad we have a 2016/17 model with the swimming pool roof; but the aluminum floor and sidewalls. We did a lot of research and would NEVER buy what is coming out from Thor these days.  I told my wife when we buy this trailer there will be NO Company support and I was right.

We love our 21RBS but will never buy another one.  I probably would build my own from this point on.

LivinLite AZ

It's been hard to watch over the last couple years as Thor has systematically (or sloppily) denuded the once superior LL/Cl brand. The only CL champion left standing was Dan. With him gone from the company (can't blame him for walking away), there is no hope to rise to former glory. The bean counters have won, and we all lose. Thor bought a brand unique in its ethos and innovation, only to factory farm our once exotic breed. I'm so glad we have a 2014 13QBB from the good ol' days. They don't make them like they used to and they never will again.

I feel bad for all the recent LL purchasers who focused their buying decision based on years worth of genuine warm and fuzzy sentiment from previous ownership, reviews and accolades. Seems a little bait and switch to ride on a reputation no longer deserved. Perhaps a new filter for this forum should include a "Pre Thor" and "Post Thor" option.

RIP LL : (

2014 Camplite 13QBB. TV = 2006 Porsche Cayenne Turbo