Dometic Penguin 2 13.5K A/C fan speeds

Started by djsamuel, June 24, 2015, 09:57:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

djsamuel

For those of you that have the Dometic Penguin 2 13.5K A/C in their camper; how many fan speeds do you have?  I have always had 1 with a/c and one without.  The other positions never worked.  I assumed that is just how it is.  I just spoke with my RV dealer and the tech said that he has to order a new rotary switch because I am only getting the one fan speed.  He can't even order the switch from Dometic until after July 13th.  So I'm picking up the trailer with working A/C operating as it always did. When the switch comes in, I'll bring it back and wait while the switch is replaced. I always assumed that was how it was supposed to work.  Does anybody else have multiple fan speeds?

Thanks,

Doug

Paul

i have the coleman mach 8 9.2k btu and it has a low and high
2014 Ford Escape
2015 Camplite 13QBB
2016 Ford F150
2018 Ford F150
2018 Camplite 21BHS

djsamuel

Thanks.  Just got back with the camper and a working A/C.  They ordered the new switch and I'll take it back to get installed when the switch arrives.

rideandfly

Bill

djsamuel

Just wanted to follow up on the new A/C.  We camped this past weekend with the new A/C installed (but still with only one fan speed).  In the past, there have been many posts about how noisy the A/C is in the Camplites, and in fact Dometic had a noise reduction kit available for the Penguin 2s.  After my A/C failed, the dealer replaced the entire outside unit, and the portion below the roof remained.  I noticed online some mention of a new design for the Penguin 2 including a stiffer base plate for reduced vibration and noise.  All I can say is there is a huge difference.  The A/C is MUCH quieter now.  We can hear the TV without turning the volume way up.  In addition, even though it was in the upper 90's, and the camper was in the sun for much of the day, the new unit had no problem keeping the interior temperature down to 72.  It seemed much more capable than the old unit.

So in our case, especially since our extended warranty covered all of the cost, the A/C failure seems to have provided a nice but unexpected benefit.

Paul

Wow! That is really nice, me I have the Coleman Mach 9200btu unit not sure if they do a noise reduction kit for that one but it is noisy but not that bad I guess
2014 Ford Escape
2015 Camplite 13QBB
2016 Ford F150
2018 Ford F150
2018 Camplite 21BHS