HELP! I give up...

Started by tbrady, April 27, 2017, 09:13:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbrady

Ok, I have a 15' Rhino sewer hose that is supposed to "squish" down to something like 54".  For the life of me I can't even get this thing to compress down far enough to fit in a 94" hose carrier.  I can get about 3ft squeezed down before the other end starts popping out.  I feel like I'm trying to squeeze a balloon through a key hole or something...

Thoughts?  Snide remarks?

tek610

Same trouble here. My trailer came with a 2 foot long hose holder, essentially useless. I don't think it would carry a 3 foot long hose when "compressed."  I plan to do the 5x5 "fence post mod" attached to my bumper. I didn't get a hose with my TT, so I bought two 10 foot sections.

charliem

Quote from: tbrady on April 27, 2017, 09:13:42 PM
Ok, I have a 15' Rhino sewer hose that is supposed to "squish" down to something like 54".  For the life of me I can't even get this thing to compress down far enough to fit in a 94" hose carrier.  I can get about 3ft squeezed down before the other end starts popping out.  I feel like I'm trying to squeeze a balloon through a key hole or something...

The most common Rhino 15' kit is

https://www.amazon.com/Camco-39761-RhinoFLEX-Swivel-Fittings/dp/B002OUMVWY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1493345385&sr=8-1&keywords=rhino+sewer+hose

It easily fits into a 60" tube along with the threaded sewer pipe adapter. What color is your hose? Mine is brown but there is a black version that is tougher and maybe stiffer.
Any 20 minute job can be stretched to a week with proper planning

Charlie
Northern Colorado
2014 21RBS
2013 Tacoma supercharged 4.0L V6
E2 WDH, P3 controller

tbrady

Quote from: charliem on April 27, 2017, 11:14:51 PM

The most common Rhino 15' kit is

https://www.amazon.com/Camco-39761-RhinoFLEX-Swivel-Fittings/dp/B002OUMVWY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1493345385&sr=8-1&keywords=rhino+sewer+hose

It easily fits into a 60" tube along with the threaded sewer pipe adapter. What color is your hose? Mine is brown but there is a black version that is tougher and maybe stiffer.

That's the exact one I have Charlie with the brown hose.  Are you able to compress yours down with out too much trouble?  I should post a video so you can see just how bad it is.  I swear after about getting 2ft and most 3 compressed it has 100 lbs of pressure pushing on the other end making it impossible to compress less than 10ft.  I even tried using tape to hold sections of it thinking that might help get it fully compressed one time.

I just ordered another one from Amazon to see if it is better.  I'm guessing it has to be, I have not seen any posts from people complaining about it being hard to compress.

Chappy133

I keep the other end closed to help compress the hose. 
2016 LL 21 RBS
2016 LL 16 TBS (Sold)
QS 6.0 (Sold)
2022 F-150 Lariat Ecoboost Supercrew
Easton, PA

Merlin

You have to empty the hose first.

Ok, now that I did the snide remark thing, I think you have a defective hose. They squish easily and stay squished. You have to pull it apart to lengthen it, so if yours is auto-lengthening, it's not working right.
Michigan

charliem

Something is amiss here. Merlin is right, it compresses easily and will lay on the ground in that state all by itself. The spring wire inside the plastic covering acts like a Slinky or accordion and easily stretches or compresses to a fixed length. If as you describe, I don't see how it was even shipped. The shipping/display box is very compact.

Charlie
Northern Colorado
2014 21RBS
E2 WDH, P3 controller

tbrady

Yeah, mine is obviously screwed up.   When I took mine out of the box it basically jumped out and almost completely un-sprung on it's own...

Thanks for tip on emptying it first Merlin.  >:( :)

tinkeringtechie

Quote from: tbrady on April 28, 2017, 11:55:32 AM
Yeah, mine is obviously screwed up.   When I took mine out of the box it basically jumped out and almost completely un-sprung on it's own...

Does it compress without the caps on? Mine almost "snaps" each time a section contracts and it stays that way without any effort. I have to pull it back apart again...

charliem

Light goes on!! Thanks, TT.  ;D Do you have the caps on? If so, and if the caps really seal, it will not let the hose compress. No need to seal the hose in the external tube. I tossed my caps since they seemed useless.

Charlie
Northern Colorado
2014 21RBS
E2 WDH, P3 controller

tbrady

Good grief... I haven't felt this dumb since I don't know when (probably sometime last week).

That was it!  I can't believe the caps sealed that thing so tightly.

Thanks for the help.  And now you can really let loose with the snide remarks.  I totally deserve it!

charliem

Quote from: tbrady on April 28, 2017, 01:34:09 PM
Good grief... I haven't felt this dumb since I don't know when (probably sometime last week).

That was it!  I can't believe the caps sealed that thing so tightly.

Thanks for the help.  And now you can really let loose with the snide remarks.  I totally deserve it!
Ain't been there; ain't done that, but I've been right next door!  ;) . Glad you got it figured out.

Charlie
Northern Colorado
2014 21RBS
E2 WDH, P3 controller

Merlin

Quote from: tinkeringtechie on April 28, 2017, 12:29:38 PM
Quote from: tbrady on April 28, 2017, 11:55:32 AM

Does it compress without the caps on? Mine almost "snaps" each time a section contracts and it stays that way without any effort. I have to pull it back apart again...

And we have our troubleshooter of the day award winner!!
Michigan

Pinstriper

Have you checked for blockage ? Take it outside and look in one end while raising the other to vertical. You may need to do this on a stairway with a partner so you can try to see all the way through.

If the tube is too long, just try blowing air through it to check it is clear all the way. For a 3" hose you may have to put your chin in the opening so it gets a good seal around your cheeks.