Anyone else get a call from their dealer about a recall?

Started by zonzin, January 21, 2017, 12:51:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zonzin

I got one yesterday regarding the propane line to the cooktop needing replacement via recall. This is on a '17 11fk.

Merlin

Michigan

DavidM

I have to ask: why isn't that hard pipe extension from the pilot light to the back of the stove, part of the stove? It seems crazy that the RV manufacturer has to add a part to keep it safe. This isn't to excuse LL for not doing it, but wondering why the stove manufacturer didn't build it that way.

David

Merlin

My cooktop doesn't have a pilot light and is not covered under the '17 recall. However, it does have a rubber gas line leading to the cooktop that is run through plastic wire loom of the type used in electrical wiring. I'm going to light the burners and see just how hot it gets directly under the cooktop in that cabinet. If it's hot, I'm make my own mods to shield that plastic wire loom.
Michigan

charliem

I'm a bit befuddled. In the today's world of electronic piezo electric ignitors did Thor actually install a stove with a pilot light??
Any 20 minute job can be stretched to a week with proper planning

Charlie
Northern Colorado
2014 21RBS
2013 Tacoma supercharged 4.0L V6
E2 WDH, P3 controller

djsamuel

Quote from: charliem on January 21, 2017, 03:07:31 PM
I'm a bit befuddled. In the today's world of electronic piezo electric ignitors did Thor actually install a stove with a pilot light??

I was just thinking the same thing!

zonzin

Quote from: djsamuel on January 22, 2017, 11:34:08 AM
Quote from: charliem on January 21, 2017, 03:07:31 PM

I was just thinking the same thing!

Interesting,, my stove is piezo and yet being recalled. Maybe NTSB just has the description wrong,, may have meant flame from burner.

Merlin

And, as if the reference to the pilot is odd, so is the reference to a range hood. Even if LL is installing range hoods in the new Camplites, they would not have a gas line to the hood? I wonder what brand of cooktop is affected?
Michigan