Another exile from the livin lite forum...

Started by ersatzknarf, December 19, 2016, 09:28:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ersatzknarf

Hello.

Just took the hint and made my way over here, prior to being shut out of the other forum.
Thank you very kindly for allowing me to join   :)

We ordered our LL 16DBS new in very early 2013 and had it delivered by April of that year.  It has just about every option, including the "off-road" package, and we have been enjoying it with our dogs, as often as we can.  Right now, it is in storage for the winter and with as very cold as it has been here recently, I am glad to have done that on time for once   ;)

Cheers,
Frank

rideandfly

Quote from: ersatzknarf on December 19, 2016, 09:28:15 AM
Hello.

We ordered our LL 16TBS new in very early 2013 and had it delivered by April of that year.  It has just about every option, including the "off-road" package, and we have been enjoying it with our dogs, as often as we can.  Right now, it is in storage for the winter and with as very cold as it has been here recently, I am glad to have done that on time for once   ;)

Cheers,
Frank

Frank, Welcome and Happy you decided to join here!
Bill

ersatzknarf

Thank you very much for the kind welcome, Bill !     ;D

Is that a Guzzi in your avatar photo ?

Cheers,
Frank

rideandfly

Quote from: ersatzknarf on December 19, 2016, 09:41:23 AM
Thank you very much for the kind welcome, Bill !     ;D

Is that a Guzzi in your avatar photo ?

Cheers,
Frank

Frank, Thanks.

It's a 1980 Honda CX500D project. Fun bike to ride and meet many nice folks talking about motorcycles when stopped at stores or getting gas with it:

Bill

ersatzknarf

Hi Bill, apologies for the delay. Cannot get to the site from my daytime computer for the past few days. Keep getting some kind of "dns" error message but only for this site  :(   So am trying to do this on my phone  :P  Will try to login from our home computer as soon as I can. Thanks, Frank

rideandfly

Quote from: ersatzknarf on December 21, 2016, 08:56:54 AM
Hi Bill, apologies for the delay. Cannot get to the site from my daytime computer for the past few days. Keep getting some kind of "dns" error message but only for this site  :(   So am trying to do this on my phone  :P  Will try to login from our home computer as soon as I can. Thanks, Frank

Frank,

Sorry about the problem. Next time you try to get on and there is a problem, let us know every thing the error message said. What browser are you running with the daytime computer? I'm using FireFox.

Thanks,
Bill

ersatzknarf

Hi Bill, thank you very much for the kind offer.  Just tried again on Firefox. The error message reads:  "Network Error  (tcp_error)  A communication error occurred:  "Operation timed out"  The Web Server may be down, too busy, or experiencing other problems preventing it from responding to requests. You may wish to try again at a later time."  I have tried using IE and Chrome as well with the same results  :(

rideandfly

Frank,

Will forward this to Paul. Thanks for your patience.

Bill

Paul

Hi Frank, your day time computer is it at work ? Maybe their firewall block this site
2014 Ford Escape
2015 Camplite 13QBB
2016 Ford F150
2018 Ford F150
2018 Camplite 21BHS

billmoore

Also make sure the URL you are using on your work computer is correct. It should be:

http://aluminiumcamperforum.com

not this:

http://aluminumcamperforum.com

The URL uses the british spelling, not the north american spelling...
2014 LivinLite Bearcat BC7X20
2014 Ford F150 Supercab STX 4X4 5.0L

Paul

Oh really aluminium is spelled aluminum in the US?

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk Pro
2014 Ford Escape
2015 Camplite 13QBB
2016 Ford F150
2018 Ford F150
2018 Camplite 21BHS

Paul

I actually own the domain aluminumcamperforum.com I had mispelled it the first time. In Canada we spell it aluminium i will do a redirect with the other domain

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk Pro
2014 Ford Escape
2015 Camplite 13QBB
2016 Ford F150
2018 Ford F150
2018 Camplite 21BHS

Paul

I just did a redirect on http://aluminumcamperforum.com link to go to http://aluminiumcamperforum.com that way it will be easier for the American if they don't use the British spelling. It might take 24h for it to be active.

The link http://livinliteforum.com also brings to this forum
2014 Ford Escape
2015 Camplite 13QBB
2016 Ford F150
2018 Ford F150
2018 Camplite 21BHS

billmoore

Sounds good Paul! I didn't realize that Canadians use the British spelling. Wikipedia says "aluminum" is the North American spelling, so I assumed that included Canada...
2014 LivinLite Bearcat BC7X20
2014 Ford F150 Supercab STX 4X4 5.0L

Pinstriper

Quote from: billmoore on December 21, 2016, 09:47:15 PM
Sounds good Paul! I didn't realize that Canadians use the British spelling. Wikipedia says "aluminum" is the North American spelling, so I assumed that included Canada...

I think they spell it "Canadia" up there. When in doubt, add an extra "i" and reverse the e's and r's.

Silly buggres.