Quicksilver 6.0

Started by kmesaaz, July 12, 2018, 05:56:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kmesaaz

Can a Quicksilver 6.0 be put up by one person, realistically. I have a 10.0 and was told it could be, although it was suggested that two people put it up. Well, you know how it goes---"oh, I can put that up myself..."  Didn't happen. So, I am thinking about a 6.0.

Steve Sanders

I've set up our 6.0 by myself many times. The most physically demanding part is flipping over the bed. The bed support makes it easier because you can put the support leg in position before you open it. So it's ready to support itself when you get it open.

It's definitely easier with two people, but one can do it.

I've even got a 6.0 for sale.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Chappy133

We had an 6.0 along with a combination of a PVC pipe brace and a nylon strap I set up and tore down the 6.0 by myself many times. 

To open I would use the PVC pipe to prop the lid open to less than 90 degrees.  A strap would be hooked in and thrown to the side to be flipped out.  I would then walk around and pull the strap towards me then transition to the lid and lower to the fully open position.

To close up I would take the same PVC pipe to prop the lid up.  Walk inside and grab the strap and pull the lid to me and then while stepping out the open door and lowering the lid to close. 

Works great except in gusty windy conditions.

Happy Trails,
2016 LL 21 RBS
2016 LL 16 TBS (Sold)
QS 6.0 (Sold)
2022 F-150 Lariat Ecoboost Supercrew
Easton, PA