Old forum Archive
This is where all the topics from the old forum that was shutdown are saved in a read-only forum. You can refer to it on this forum by using a link or copying the data over.
http://archive.aluminiumcamperforum.com/

Author Topic: Ready to jump to Lithium... any advice appreciated!  (Read 4667 times)

DavidM

• TV and RV:
      2013 Nissan Pathfind

• Camplite 16 TBS
    • View Profile
Re: Ready to jump to Lithium... any advice appreciated!
« Reply #45 on: August 14, 2019, 03:30:01 PM »
As you noted it just looks like larger wiring, #2 instead of the more typical #10 in the TV's charging circuit. That will reduce the voltage drop, but you still are limited to the fixed voltage of 13.5+ that the TV's alternator is regulated to.

David

ADR

• TV and RV:
      2018 Transit 3.5

• 2018 16TBS
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 14, 2019, 09:19:05 PM »
Attached is a diagram that LifeBlue sent me for how to improve the charging but I don't quite understand it.  Maybe one of you more smarter folks can dumb it down for me. :)  To me it looks like just adding a simple solenoid and running bigger wire?  Is it really that simple?

Lifeblue also mentioned using a sterling unit in an email they sent me.  Can you send me a link to what exactly you are using ADR?

Sure- here ya go>  https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B071DMV7PF/

DavidM

• TV and RV:
      2013 Nissan Pathfind

• Camplite 16 TBS
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 14, 2019, 11:29:25 PM »
Do not use the 30a Sterling b2b with your TVís standard battery charging circuit. It will blow its 30a fuse. It needs a separate high amp circuit as is shown above.

Sterlingís UK website shows a 20a model, but I havenít seen them for sale in the US.

David

ADR

• TV and RV:
      2018 Transit 3.5

• 2018 16TBS
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 15, 2019, 08:29:04 PM »
Blow the 30A fuse? Could be- I power mine off the 60A connection on the driver's seat pedestal.  The Transit has 1-3 connections- each rated 60A.
Mine had 1 so I added the other 2 to make 3.