2017 11FK AC not working

Started by zonzin, July 07, 2017, 10:22:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zonzin

Well I am getting ready for a trip and decide to fire up the AC (13.5k BTU model) while I load the camper and all it puts out is really hot air. Played with the different vents, tried high and low settings, and turned is off and on several times, no help. It will be next week before I can call LL support so I though I would check with the forum brain trust first.

Any tips?

charliem

Turn the fan switch clockwise to MAX on the FAN/AC side. Make sure it clicks into the detent. The fan should start. Turn the temperature control fully clockwise. You should hear the compressor run. Even if you don't, leave it on for 10 minutes. The compressor has a delay to prevent repetitive restarts. If no cooling in 10 minutes the A/C is broken. If it begins cooling, do not leave it on the coldest setting. It will freeze up. The compressor must cycle to prevent freeze ups.
Any 20 minute job can be stretched to a week with proper planning

Charlie
Northern Colorado
2014 21RBS
2013 Tacoma supercharged 4.0L V6
E2 WDH, P3 controller

mojospeople

Charliem's advice worked for us last weekend but I have to ask...what is your current power source? Plugged into less than 30 amp service won't run the a/c....at least not mine. I get the impression you're plugged in at home. Yes?

zonzin

Thanks for the tips guys. I never hear the compressor kick in, just the fan. I am plugged in at home although it is a 20 amp circuit (110) . I don't think I let it run 10 minutes though, I will try again and time it.

zonzin

Quote from: charliem on July 08, 2017, 12:38:14 AM
Turn the fan switch clockwise to MAX on the FAN/AC side. Make sure it clicks into the detent. The fan should start. Turn the temperature control fully clockwise. You should hear the compressor run. ...

Good advice, did the trick. AC works like a champ when following these instructions.