Leaking toilet

Started by tco2612, May 09, 2017, 04:17:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tco2612

Hooked house water to camper and I have water gushing from the water inlet at base of toilet. I had a small leak last fall with water pump on.I do not know what to look for.

tinkeringtechie

Did you forget to winterize? The toilet valve is the first thing to shatter from frozen pipes. You probably need to replace the valve.

Pinstriper

The thing to look for is the nearest dealer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DavidM

+1  -;)

Dometic flush valves cost about $32 on Amazon. See https://www.amazon.com/Dometic-385311641-Sealand-Water-Valve/dp/B004SNJPV0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1494361378&sr=8-1&keywords=dometic+flush+valve

To replace, first disconnect tubing, then depress the two tabs (the curly looking things on the Amazon pic) and pull it out. Pop the new one in, reconnect the tubing and you are done.

Dealer!!! Don't need no stinkin' dealer!!!

David

tco2612

Quote from: Pinstriper on May 09, 2017, 05:24:31 PM
Now why would you say that?

tco2612

Thanks David.........Dealer!!! Don't need no stinkin' dealer!!! 

tco2612

Will the valve in the link above fit my 2014 Camplite 11 ft. FK ? I have removed my valve and the ears on it looks a little different. also I cannot see any where the leak would be, but am changing it anyway.

GoElectric

Yes, it will fit.  I just replaced mine and the new tabs are much more flexible making the job easier in a tight space.  I think they go bad so often from the many reviews, they made the change.  I could barely make out a hairline crack in mine.  Do not use air to winterize, as gravity will pull a small amount of water from the upper line and sit on the valve and freeze.  Use RV Antifreeze or remove. I ordered a spare, so it potentially will not ruin a camping trip.
The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.  John 10:10

Pinstriper

Quote from: tco2612 on May 09, 2017, 05:29:11 PM
Quote from: Pinstriper on May 09, 2017, 05:24:31 PM
Now why would you say that?

Oh, I just figured your first post sounded so lost that you would have trouble with it, is all.

tco2612

I did use  RV Antifreeze and always have.I never had problems in the past with my Air stream or Hi-Low.Thanks to all positive reply's.