Looks like this is our only forum now

Started by gibby, January 05, 2017, 09:48:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gibby

:'( As expected, our old stomping grounds now come up with...

"This account has been suspended."

We knew it was coming, it is now here.

RIP https://livinlite.forums.net/
2014 21RBS
2121 F150 Lariat ,  3.5 Ecoboost, 4X4, SuperCrew

gibby

2014 21RBS
2121 F150 Lariat ,  3.5 Ecoboost, 4X4, SuperCrew

tbrady

Yep... new one is up.  Already registered and posting there.  I think this site (Aluminium campers) will be difficult for most people to find.

Paul

Quote from: tbrady on January 05, 2017, 03:45:54 PM
Yep... new one is up.  Already registered and posting there.  I think this site (Aluminium campers) will be difficult for most people to find.

Usually the way I find a forum is by doing google search about a problems and then I found it, I think people will be able to find it
2014 Ford Escape
2015 Camplite 13QBB
2016 Ford F150
2018 Ford F150
2018 Camplite 21BHS

FastEddieB

On general principal, the new LivinLite forum is dead to me.

DavidM

I would like to acknowledge, Paul on this forum, for having the foresight and resources to set up this alternate to LLO, back when pictures where restricted on that form, and keeping it available for the ultimate demise of LLO.

This forum now has much more meaningful traffic than the new incarnation of LLO and is the de facto place to come for information on LL products and other all aluminum campers.

I should note that the same thing happened many years ago to owners of Grand Banks trawlers. The factory took over a thriving, owner supported web site and destroyed it. Other owners got together and just like Paul, established an independent owner sponsored web site that is the envy of all trawler owners.

It doesn't always work this way. The Oliver owners are an independent lot much like LL owners, but they seem to co-exist well with the factory. But I think that the reason it works is that Oliver has remained independent and committed to their owner base, unlike LL.

Thanks Paul, you are the man!!!

David

Merlin

On the contrary, this forum is very easy to find. Whether you search by a specific problem or a specific brand, or even with a general question that relates to aluminum campers, this forum pops up on Google and is easy to use. I understand that if folks only go to the new LL forum following a search, they might be lazy and check out this one. However, I suspect the new LL forum will have such limited useful info that as soon as someone looks for something better that actually has content, they will end up here.
Michigan

Pinstriper

Quote from: Paul on January 05, 2017, 05:43:29 PM

Usually the way I find a forum is by doing google search about a problems and then I found it, I think people will be able to find it

People who are bad at spelling will find it right away.

Unhappily, someone looking for "one of those aluminum trailers like what we saw" will land here and find out about the existence of LL, sooner than they otherwise would have.

I mean, unhappily if you have a world view that is petty, vindictive, and mean.

Which I do.

ersatzknarf

Quote from: FastEddieB on January 05, 2017, 07:06:31 PM
On general principal, the new LivinLite forum is dead to me.

Don't forget to take the cannoli ?    ;D

ersatzknarf

Quote from: DavidM on January 05, 2017, 07:31:12 PM
I would like to acknowledge, Paul on this forum, for having the foresight and resources to set up this alternate to LLO, back when pictures where restricted on that form, and keeping it available for the ultimate demise of LLO.

This forum now has much more meaningful traffic than the new incarnation of LLO and is the de facto place to come for information on LL products and other all aluminum campers.

I should note that the same thing happened many years ago to owners of Grand Banks trawlers. The factory took over a thriving, owner supported web site and destroyed it. Other owners got together and just like Paul, established an independent owner sponsored web site that is the envy of all trawler owners.

It doesn't always work this way. The Oliver owners are an independent lot much like LL owners, but they seem to co-exist well with the factory. But I think that the reason it works is that Oliver has remained independent and committed to their owner base, unlike LL.

Thanks Paul, you are the man!!!

David

Hear !  Hear !

Thank you, Paul.

You are AWESOME ! ! !    :)

Paul

Thank you everyone for all the kind words!
2014 Ford Escape
2015 Camplite 13QBB
2016 Ford F150
2018 Ford F150
2018 Camplite 21BHS

Merlin

Quote from: Paul on January 06, 2017, 08:49:42 AM
Thank you everyone for all the kind words!

This forum reminds of the old saying: "It's better to light a candle than curse the darkness".
Michigan

rideandfly

Quote from: Merlin on January 06, 2017, 09:57:20 PM

This forum reminds of the old saying: "It's better to light a candle than curse the darkness".

So True!!!!!!!!!!!

Paul is a fine person!!!
Bill

Pinstriper

I never registered here until the first forum went belly up. I didn't see the point in diluting attention across two places, and frankly I just couldn't be bothered. I feel the same way now, not to mention I don't really care for the double-speak from LL. They could have just been honest in telling Sean "hey, we know Scott encouraged and supported this forum, but since it isn't actually ours we don't really want to participate as much as we know we should as an online strategy. Our solution to this is to put our funding into a forum run by us where we can have it really speak for LL", instead of the horseshit story about "more secure" and the rest of their spin. I know Sean is probably feeling pretty stung by the whole affair, and it sure isn't because he was making any money off the thing - it wasn't throwing off enough to pay the costs in the first place. Google ads was an attempt to defray the costs to the point where it was self-sustaining.

That said, while I may carp about their forum decisions HERE, I think it is silly of whomever does it to go through the whole registration jive to antagonize them over there.

I have no dissatisfaction with my trailer, either. I am disappointed that when people ask me about it, while I tell them all the good things about it, I also have to caveat them that "they aren't made like this anymore".

The archive will also show that I have consistently been one to suggest other motives besides Evil Corporate Takeover as explanations of LL actions. Smoke doesn't always mean fire, but it is certainly getting awful smoky.

Sean

In all reality the LL that most of us knew died when Scott sold in the first place. In all honesty I'm beyond frustrated with the new managment and their professional practices but life is too short to dwell on such things. I have always told people that my pop up is great and that story will not change but like Pin my story will also include the opinion that these aren't made the same anymore. Luckily the QS line hasn't seen any real changes.

I have no interest in even keeping tabs on their new site. Again life is too short and ill feelings only drag me down. It's not like it's going to impact LL so why worry about it. I will say this, I planned to upgrade to a full TT one day and now I can promise it will not be a LL. Between the changes to the product and business practices I make the choice not to support them.