Water Tank, 2014 21RBS, help, it is shot!

Started by gibby, September 18, 2023, 09:32:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gibby

Well, looks like my fresh water tank for my 2014 21RBS has finally failed. Been patching it this year a few times to what I thought were rock hits, but this past weekend I got a massive 12 inch crack in it (guess it wasn't the rocks).

My suspicion is that it has become brittle and failed due to old age.

Now, my question, anyone got any ideas as to where to source a replacement?

I have seen some mods for supports and rock protection that I will add as I progress through this repair.

Any thoughts / comments would help in the search. At least it is end of season and I have all winter (which are quite long up here in Canada) to get this sorted out.

I am not adverse to doing this myself, first thought is to get the old tank out, then specific measurements etc. would be easier.
2014 21RBS
2121 F150 Lariat ,  3.5 Ecoboost, 4X4, SuperCrew

Merlin

I think your best bet is removal for measurements, then start looking.
Michigan

gibby

Well, just spent the weekend putting in the new water tank, and I am happy to report it is fixed.

After much searching late last year, finding a few options, and getting no reply's from any of them I was able to get my local RV service center to source a part, put the appropriate filler and pickup attachments on it, I was able to get one.

The new one is bigger (37 gallon vs 32 gallon) a bit longer (takes up the entire with under the trailer) but it fit. I even had 3 additional support brackets made to support it (6 total). Low point pick up, larger capacity and no sagging.

Glad that issue is fixed, now to service the wheels, and flush and sanitize the water system, all ready for the May long weekend.

Let the season begin!
2014 21RBS
2121 F150 Lariat ,  3.5 Ecoboost, 4X4, SuperCrew

Merlin

Thanks for reporting back and the info on the tank. That looks great, and a much better mount than the original.
Michigan