Roof Top A/C high humditiy issues

Started by Fatdog2, May 26, 2022, 01:38:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fatdog2

Hello, I have a LL 21BHS with factory A/C Unit. We run two small de-humidifiers and sometimes still get rather humid in the camper especially on rainy days while camping OBX NC. Any recommendations on what would help reduce the humidity? thks

DavidM

You can run the A/C to reduce the humidity, but if it gets too cold before the humidity is gone, use a small portable heater. I realize that you are cooling and then reheating and it uses a lot of electricity, but T/Ts leak air through the walls, floors and roof as well as dump humidity in the air when you shower but that is what is required to get the humidity down.

David

Fatdog2

Thanks David for the response. We have been using a small heater too, but the other day it just didn't seem like it was keeping up with the humidity. I wasn't sure if there was some other tips and tricks to help keep it down especially when it rains for a couple of days and the outside humidity is rather high. You are absolutely right TT are not air tight and have only so much insulation properties too. We do the best we can with venting the bathroom during showers and I installed bigger fans in bathroom with variable speed. It moves some air compared to the little one they had. 

RV Squirrel

On rainy days, I tend to bring the wet in with me.  On my clothes!  Any ideas about how to dry clothes without making the moisture build up inside the TT?  At times I wonder if it makes sense to turn on the furnace, with the vent directed at my wet clothes.  Or set up my clothes in the shower stall with a space heater beneath them, with the "fart fan" on.  The fire marshal would not approve of this though.  I wonder if he ever gets soggy underwear...

keeena

I run a good sized (24"?) high velocity floor fan in my trailer with windows and ceiling vents open. I have the MaxxAir vent covers so I can leave the roof vents open all the time. I rarely use the A/C up here in the northeast.

OBX is awesome by-the-way; i've never camped there but we've rented vacation houses before.