Old forum Archive
This is where all the topics from the old forum that was shutdown are saved in a read-only forum. You can refer to it on this forum by using a link or copying the data over.
http://archive.aluminiumcamperforum.com/

Author Topic: The TR16 Battery Monitor Setup Instructions for Lead-Acid RV Users  (Read 72 times)

GrampaKilt

• TV and RV:
      2017 GMC Sierra 1500

• 2014 14DB
    • View Profile
The TR16 battery monitor is a poor RVer's substitute for the Victron BMV 700 series. It's probably the best and most popular of the cheaper battery monitors currently priced for about $30 USD at Aliexpress. The original instructions were a literal Chinese to English translation fiasco which probably forced more purchasers over to the Victron than actually installed the TR16!

Recently, properly translated English instructions were released, a huge improvement, but still confusing and inaccurate in places especially for users of Lead Acid batteries. Since I've lost some hair (from pulling it out) over setup of the TR16, I've written my own set of instructions and am posting it below as a link to Google Drive. I think they're pretty good. My long suffering spouse, who knows naught of batteries, felt she could setup the TR16 using them. That said, I'd be interested to hear suggestions for improvement from other forum members.

Here's hoping that these instructions help prevent further male pattern baldness! GK https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wmgwDycxc9Vuancw2r8nEb9q7z_AA92N/view?usp=sharing

Sylvain

• TV and RV:
      2015 Silverado

• 2013 13QBB
    • View Profile
Re: The TR16 Battery Monitor Setup Instructions for Lead-Acid RV Users
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2020, 06:49:20 PM »
Although I don't own a TR16 your instructions are very easy to follow and to understand.  You really make me want to buy a battery monitor now!  Thanks for sharing GK.