Old forum Archive
This is where all the topics from the old forum that was shutdown are saved in a read-only forum. You can refer to it on this forum by using a link or copying the data over.
http://archive.aluminiumcamperforum.com/

Author Topic: Camping in a COVID 19 Environment  (Read 2038 times)

ADR

• TV and RV:
      18Transit/19 4Runner

• 2018 16TBS
    • View Profile
Re: Camping in a COVID 19 Environment
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2020, 04:07:34 AM »
If rainwater and dirt were getting in then you have bad seals.   Oh wait......you said you did! ;D

As for keeping hubs full of grease- might want to read this>

https://www.machinerylubrication.com/Read/28664/dangers-of-overgreasing-
« Last Edit: May 15, 2020, 04:09:52 AM by ADR »

Chappy133

• Premium Member
    • TV and RV:
      2013 F-150 Supercrew

• 2016 LL 16 TBS
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2020, 01:07:30 PM »
Here is the link to the Dexter You Tube video for the Dexter EZ lube axles and how to properly lube the bearings:  https://www.dexteraxle.com/resources/videos/e-z-lube-system
Easton, PA

Merlin

• Global Moderator
    • TV and RV:
      2017 Land Cruiser

• 2015 Camplite 16TBS
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2020, 10:27:11 AM »
If rainwater and dirt were getting in then you have bad seals.   Oh wait......you said you did! ;D

As for keeping hubs full of grease- might want to read this>

https://www.machinerylubrication.com/Read/28664/dangers-of-overgreasing-

Good point on the hubs, I should have noted the technique for filling hubs with grease is only for those with Bearing Buddies.

https://www.bearingbuddy.com/how-bb-works
Michigan

Chappy133

• Premium Member
    • TV and RV:
      2013 F-150 Supercrew

• 2016 LL 16 TBS
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2020, 09:28:06 AM »
Add the state of New Hampshire to cancelled camping reservations.  Their public and private campgrounds are only open to NH residents.  So I cannot stay self contained in a NH campground socially distancing myself but I can stay in a NH Hotel.  Makes no sense to me.
Easton, PA

Merlin

• Global Moderator
    • TV and RV:
      2017 Land Cruiser

• 2015 Camplite 16TBS
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2020, 12:35:07 PM »
Interesting about NH.

My wife and I have found a new use for our Camplite. We are going to finally get to our cabin in Michigan’s U.P. the end of this month. We are going to tow our camper and be complexly self contained for the 330 mile trip except for gas only stops. We’ll get (and pay for) a campsite at a nearby state forest campground, park the camper, set up a few things like we are staying there, then head into the cabin for a few days. We can easily pop out to the camper each day to check on things; it will only be 8 miles away. The state forest (not state park) campgrounds here open up 6/10 and are first come first serve.

Does anyone have advice for how to make it look like we are resident at the state forest campground? 
Michigan

Powder Hounds

• TV and RV:
      2015 Toyota Tundra

• 2015 21 RBS
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2020, 01:35:09 PM »
Sounds like a pretty good road trip!

Powder Hounds

• TV and RV:
      2015 Toyota Tundra

• 2015 21 RBS
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2020, 02:01:02 PM »
A few things we do when we will be away from our camping spot.

Leave a cheap chair out, indoor/ outdoor mat, stack of fire wood, old bowl with water. The bigger the bowl the bigger the dog. Our best trick is our Black Diamond camping lantern. It is a ReMoji rechargeable little hiking accessory, has multiple coloured settings and will operate for a while. USB charging cable is included as well. The best thing is when set to the scrolling option the colours will change over and over, with your blinds up at night/ evening someone walking buy and looking at your entry door glass will think your watching TV. The obscure patterned glass really helps with the allusion as well. The battery charge will eventually die and just recharge on the next visit. We use it a lot just adding some atmosphere, has some magnets on the bottom so we put it under our entry step when sitting out at night. Once you start using it the more you will enjoy this little lantern. You would just have to plan a check for early evening to get it set up.

Cheers!