Old forum Archive
This is where all the topics from the old forum that was shutdown are saved in a read-only forum. You can refer to it on this forum by using a link or copying the data over.
http://archive.aluminiumcamperforum.com/

Author Topic: New Antenna on 2016 21RBS  (Read 90 times)

Lap527

• TV and RV:
      2006 Dodge DRW 3500

• 2013 TC 10.0
    • View Profile
New Antenna on 2016 21RBS
« on: December 04, 2019, 04:32:52 PM »
We just had a Winegard Sensor Wingman put on the 21RBS.  Before we only got 1 channel sitting in the yard and now we get 12! I do like the tv and news at night while in bed.  I was worried about how the dealership would install it, I certainly didn't want wires running down walls and things like that.  Dealership did the install because DH didn't want to tackle it.   Last time out camping I happen to notice the wall was wider between the microwave and pantry.  After looking around I noticed that each shelf in pantry has a panel and I found that is where the antenna wire comes in from the worthless, POS omni-directional antenna.  They did have to cut another hole in roof  about 2 inches from the original antenna. So now the crank up handle comes in at the top shelf of the pantry and I have an antenna that raises up about 2 feet with better reception.  My thinking was that once we get to our camping spot and we scan our channels we won't be moving the antenna anyway. We did the same thing with our TC and it's worked out great.   So far we replaced our entry door due to corrosion and the usb charging center.  Eventually we will have it top notch.  Cheers!
We are an all aluminum Livin Lite family. We currently own a 2013 Camplite 10.0 Truck camper and a 2016 21RBS travel trailer.  No wood ...No Rot!!

ADR

• TV and RV:
      2018 Transit 3.5

• 2018 16TBS
    • View Profile
Re: New Antenna on 2016 21RBS
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2019, 07:50:37 PM »
I'm going to get around to doing the same on our 16TBS.  The supplied antenna is junk for sure.

GrampaKilt

• TV and RV:
      2017 GMC Sierra 1500

• 2014 14DB
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2019, 01:43:45 PM »
What an opportune post! With dozens of other mods on my mind, I've actually never looked into what that white saucer was on top of my 14DB. Na´vely, I always thought live TV was a campground cable hook up thing and consequently, have never checked for over the air channels :P

Looking through all the pamphlets that came with the TT, it appears the disk is a Winegard Roadstar Omnidirectional Antenna (no product #), obviously vintage 2013 or so.

I would appreciate advice on whether I should bother to upgrade, and if I do, models (omnidirectional only) worth installing and installation challenges, if any. Thank you. GK

ADR

• TV and RV:
      2018 Transit 3.5

• 2018 16TBS
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2019, 10:49:02 PM »
My 2018 has a King Omni-Pro.   Doesn't work very well.
Omni's never work as well as a directional antenna.
I'm putting a directional on mine when I do change it.