Old forum Archive
This is where all the topics from the old forum that was shutdown are saved in a read-only forum. You can refer to it on this forum by using a link or copying the data over.
http://archive.aluminiumcamperforum.com/

Author Topic: Camplite 17-19 21BHS, 21RBS, 23RKS and 23RLS Recall for failed drawbars.  (Read 2828 times)

Merlin

• Global Moderator
    • TV and RV:
      2017 Land Cruiser

• 2015 Camplite 16TBS
    • View Profile
Good work. Overall, it looks significantly reinforced and having the factory welds inspected is great. Have you moved the camper to your seasonal site? 
Michigan

Paul

• Administrator
    • TV and RV:
      2018 Ford F150

• 2018 Camplite 21BHS
    • View Profile
Good work. Overall, it looks significantly reinforced and having the factory welds inspected is great. Have you moved the camper to your seasonal site?

It is currently in my driveway. My seasonal site open May 15. Can't wait!
2014 Ford Escape
2015 Camplite 13QBB
2016 Ford F150
2018 Ford F150
2018 Camplite 21BHS

ADR

• TV and RV:
      2018 Transit 3.5

• 2018 16TBS
    • View Profile
Thanks for posting the photos ADR. Letting others know about the continuing weld defects could literally save lives. If you havenít already, use the NHTSA site at safercar.gov to report this.

Been trying!  The NHTSA website never will accept the forms I've filled out- complete the form- hit submit and after several minutes of a spinning "submitting" avatar I get  >

Gateway Timeout
The proxy server did not receive a timely response from the upstream server.
Reference #1.2c8eedcc.1556744724.28ecebd

Tried twice today- will try again tomorrow.

Gotta love our government..... :-\

EDIT- Never could get their online form to go through- they did email me a PDF to fill out- but you can't submit pictures.
So now they have emailed me back wanting pictures :P

Coincidentally I received an email from a warranty guy at KZ saying they will take care of it and do I know anyone who can weld ;D

EDIT- opened a case with the NHTSA.    Also waiting on KZ to ship the repair kit to a local welding shop.  I asked for notification when it ships and tracking info..so far nothing.

EDIT- this is getting frustrating- on May 6 I asked the warranty guy at KZ to let me know when the kit to repair would ship and please provide a tracking number.  I ask again on May 9.   Nothing.   Now another week has passed and still no kit, no word on when.   Very poor customer service.
The welding shop is busy and I need to get in line but I have to know when the kit will show up.   
I don't consider my trailer safe to travel as it is and I have places to go.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 09:03:22 PM by ADR »