New granite

Started by john, April 14, 2018, 05:15:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

john

Finally installed my new granite. Really happy with the way it looks

Fatdog2

John, that looks really nice. How did you do it as I was looking at making new counter top for 21BHS if the formica fix that I did doesn't hold up. What material you used,  how thick, and how you attached it to aluminum frame. Any recommendations are appreciated.

From the drawings I got from Dan at Livinlite my counter is just over 30" wide on one end, then gets cut down at angle and stove area width is 20 5/8" wide, entire counter is 59" long.

Merlin

Beautiful! I especially like the drain solution. Just let it run into the cabinet and thence to the outside.  ;D
Michigan

john

I guess I should have taken the picture with the cabinet door open so you can see the bucket underneath. Actually the drains hooked up now. I put one piece of tubing on the back wall for some added support but everything in the frame work is really strong. the piece is 1 1/4" inch thick and weighed about 85 lbs. I know someone can get all concered about overall wheight and stuff but I don't. it's in place,secure and really changed the appearance. Also with the different style sink,there is a lot more room behind it which is kinda nice.

Powder Hounds

surfsup1955

Beautiful!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

gbpack

Nice job! That little bit of additional weight shouldn't be an issue at all.

GrampaKilt

Sun shining in through door; countertop formica starting to delam. Time to be joining you in the stone countertop upgrade ranks. I was surprised by your weight quote of 85lbs since a 5x2 slab weighs in at 160. Sure enough the holes and corner cut reduces square footage in half. Sweet. Thanks for the inspiration, John. GK

john

my top overall is 24"×48". when you factor in the sink stove top and angle your removing almost 3 1/2 square feet.granite weighs about 18lbs a square foot. I personally wouldn't worry about the wheight. after three trips I have not noticed a difference.

zonzin

How difficult was the demo of the oem countertop?

john

really easy.Unhook sink and cooktop,remove screws that go through tubing up into the top....make sure you score the silicone with a utility knife

ersatzknarf