Camplite 17-19 21BHS, 21RBS, 23RKS and 23RLS Recall for failed drawbars.

Started by ADR, October 26, 2018, 01:12:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ADR

After hounding the warranty guy at KZ for weeks my check for $400, what the welding shop charged, finally showed up TODAY :)

What an ordeal- at least it is fixed and they did eventually reimburse me.....

Have a major trip planned- leaving Labor Day weekend for what could likely become another 30+ day 9-10,000 mi trip.   
We'll see how the repair holds up.  Hopefully there will be no further issues with the frame.    8)

Merlin

Really! Ok, so I admit I was wrong 2 months ago when I wrote I thought you were unlikely to ever see any money from KZ. I guess pigs can fly.

Too bad you don't live close to me. I could use some of the big shipment of rectangular tubing you received to reinforce my bumper and tongue.

I hope your upcoming trip is free from anything coming apart that isn't supposed to.
Michigan

ADR

I too thought I might never see that check- I hounded them weekly about it though and I guess they gave in.
It has already done about a 300 mile trip- the real test will be the big trip out west we have coming up. 

I'm surprised no one else has reported the cracking on the 16's- but I suppose most people never look until the trailer drops in the road.

And really the NTSB only had a couple of reports on the 21's.

Spent yesterday moving my license plate holder/light up to the upper left corner by the clearance light.   My aluminum rack I put on the back was limited by the license plate on the left and the heater exhaust on the right.  Heater exhaust isn't a problem unless we run the heater but blocking that plate might have gotten me stopped some day.

BTW when I removed the clearance light to connect to the 12V wiring to it-   guess what?  1" diameter hole through the trailer skin for the wiring with ZERO caulking to weather seal it.....good thing there's no wood in this trailer or rot would have already started.

DavidM

Quote from: ADR on August 02, 2019, 07:27:50 PM
BTW when I removed the clearance light to connect to the 12V wiring to it-   guess what?  1" diameter hole through the trailer skin for the wiring with ZERO caulking to weather seal it.....good thing there's no wood in this trailer or rot would have already started.

That brings up an interesting observation. Even though the workmanship probably deteriorated in the latter years of LL's existence, the lack of any organic material in the structure does overcome some of these deficiencies.

David