Plastic corner covers broken

Started by Hey Voss, October 05, 2017, 02:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hey Voss

Has anyone else had an issue with the plastic corners covers cracking and breaking off? Both covers on either side of the door have cracked. The metal is quite sharp and I worry it will rip the tent when folded up. I currently have pieces of cardboard covering the metal, to protect the tent while in storage. This is only a temporary fix and I would like to find a permanent solution.

I still have the broken pieces and have tried to glue them back on, to no avail. Has anyone figured out a better solution? The plastic seems so brittle, and I'm concerned that if I replace those parts they will just crack again. Ideas and suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
"Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt." - John Muir

MitchB

It's a perfect excuse to buy a 3d printer and print up your own corner covers!
If it ain't broke it probably will be soon.

Paul

Quote from: MitchB on October 10, 2017, 08:50:52 AM

My public library has one you can use. They charge you per gram and time to print I think
2014 Ford Escape
2015 Camplite 13QBB
2016 Ford F150
2018 Ford F150
2018 Camplite 21BHS

Hey Voss

"Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt." - John Muir

Hey Voss

Quote from: Paul on October 10, 2017, 12:31:40 PM
Quote from: MitchB on October 10, 2017, 08:50:52 AM

My public library has one you can use. They charge you per gram and time to print I think

Wow! Your library has a 3d printer!?! That's amazing! If our public library had one, I'd be there all the time.