Window Valance by bed

Started by Fatdog2, April 06, 2018, 11:45:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fatdog2

I decided to cut down the window valance that are by the bed on our 21BHS, as they sagged off the wall and easy to bump into them. I used a pair of automotive panel pliers to remove the valance.  I found the panel clips to be one time use. The ones used by LL broke while removing the valance.  I removed all staples, fabric, and thin foam. Marked and cut off 1/2" off the depth and length of OSB wood and MDF frame work. Then used spray glue to hold the foam to wood and reinstalled fabric using 1/4" staples and electric staple gun. I used brad nailer to mail MDF frame to OSB were it was loose. I went to Taylor Do it Center and picked up new Autobody panel clips in black and measured hole placement, and used brad nail gun to nail the clips to valance. The Dorman panel clips that I got from auto parts store were brittle and broke when I tried to use brad nail on them. LL used a thick staple gun, the brads worked for me. The results made the valance fit snug against the wall and they don't  stick out as far, making it less likely to bump into them around the bed.

I replaced the valance panel clips on the slide out window valance and that tighten up, and it sits flush against the wall, no more sagging.

gbpack

Very nice. You are a talented guy! We may eventually have to do something like this in our trailer (21BHS), as one of ours came off already but we were still under warranty and the dealer fixed it. Thanks for the posting.

Fatdog2

Your welcome and thanks. Here's the type of pliers I used to remove the valance, you can slide it in between the wall and the clip. Mine has three clips that hold the valance.  Northern tool has them along with most auto parts stores.