1948 Spartan Trailer Project

Started by FastEddieB, January 19, 2017, 01:04:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FastEddieB

Karen and I came across this on a ride over to Cleveland, TN:

It's gutted, and would be quite a project. We have no interest in or knowledge of this trailer - we just thought it might be of interest to someone here.

rideandfly

Eddie,

Spartan Trailers were built by Spartan Aircraft Company. Neat looking trailer!!!!!!
Bill

Chappy133

2016 LL 21 RBS
2016 LL 16 TBS (Sold)
QS 6.0 (Sold)
2022 F-150 Lariat Ecoboost Supercrew
Easton, PA

Robert

Quote from: Chappy133 on January 19, 2017, 08:08:07 PM
Nice town Cleveland, TN.

I second that.  I lived and worked there for a while after college.

Is this considered a thread hijack?
Mid Life
Is Good!

Chappy133

Maybe but I don't think we will get banned. I had friends living there I visited while stationed at Ft Campbell in the early 80s. Lots of rafting trips on the Occoee River. 
2016 LL 21 RBS
2016 LL 16 TBS (Sold)
QS 6.0 (Sold)
2022 F-150 Lariat Ecoboost Supercrew
Easton, PA

rideandfly

We enjoy visiting Eastern TN!  Beautiful place to visit and would make a nice trip to see the Spartan Trailer, too!
Bill

PYG RYDR

Quote from: FastEddieB on January 19, 2017, 01:04:27 PM
Karen and I came across this on a ride over to Cleveland, TN:

It's gutted, and would be quite a project. We have no interest in or knowledge of this trailer - we just thought it might be of interest to someone here.

I am thinking I saw this trailer on a Dual Sport Motorcycle Ride back in October, and memory is it being located along US64.  A very cool camper needing some tender love!
There are two things to aim at in life: first, to get what you want;
and, after that, to enjoy it. Only the wisest of humans achieve the second.
Logan Pearsall Smith

FastEddieB

Quote from: PYG RYDR on January 20, 2017, 03:43:28 PM
I am thinking I saw this trailer on a Dual Sport Motorcycle Ride back in October, and memory is it being located along US64.  A very cool camper needing some tender love!

Yep! US 64. That's how we get to and from Cleveland. I literally moved to N GA because of all the great riding here and in E TN and W NC!

Robert

I hope whomever buys that trailer will join this forum and post lots of pics of their restoration.  I enjoy threads and videos on restorations.  I've been watching a really neat series on Netflix about WWII fighter plane restorations, and I love hearing the stories about how people acquired these old wrecks and made them like-new.  Wish I had the time, money, and knowledge to do that type of thing, but at least I can live vicariously through other peoples' stories.
Mid Life
Is Good!

PYG RYDR

Quote from: FastEddieB on January 20, 2017, 08:04:59 PM
Quote from: PYG RYDR on January 20, 2017, 03:43:28 PM

Yep! US 64. That's how we get to and from Cleveland. I literally moved to N GA because of all the great riding here and in E TN and W NC!

Great riding area!  I can envision a camp and ride gathering in our future!  Dual Sport or Street?
There are two things to aim at in life: first, to get what you want;
and, after that, to enjoy it. Only the wisest of humans achieve the second.
Logan Pearsall Smith