So I’ve got a problem with2015 21BHS - can I walk or crawl on the roof?

Started by srimor58, July 30, 2018, 01:20:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

srimor58

Hi there , My name's Tom สมัครufabet
Does anybody know if the roof of my 2015 21 BHS  is strong enough to walk or crawl on? Thank you.

GrampaKilt

Hi Tom.

I'm 215 lbs and crawled around on my 2014 14DB roof in replacing the OEM exhaust fan with a Fantastic Fan beauty, with zero injury to the roof. Knee pads help with point pressure. However, with my weight, I wouldn't stand on it. GK

nhlakes

I'm just under 200 and have walked around the roof of my `16 21RBS a bunch - especially when installing my soft start several times ;)

djsamuel

MrSmith

I have a 2017 21RBS with Azdel and TPO roof. I'm 240# and i will never do that again. The roof sunk over 1" with every step i took. 🤬🤬🤬 how in the bleep are you supposed to do  Maintenance If it can not even hold you.
PS.  I did step on the ribs not in between, I know better than that.
Thor can kiss my BUT, THEY MAKE NOTHING BUT GARBAGE.
Mr Smith
2017 21 RBS  aluminum cabinets & dinette
2000 Ford E-150 4.6L conversion van

john

I feel as though my 2015 16db could hold my truck...I hate to hear about the 21...that really stinks...how can they take such a cool concept and destroy it so fast

Powder Hounds

Very sorry to here about the roof. Extremely frustrating, increases the feeling of buyers remorse. But just remember Karma. Things will balance out and somewhere you will make it up.

Regards,

surfsup1955

I've been on my roof (2014 21 RBS) several times to clean or perform quick maintenance (180lbs). I try to sit down (sorta in a leaning position) on a rib as quickly as possible to spread my weight out - I scoot around on my ass for the same reason. If I have to walk, I stay on the ribs - usually one foot on one rib/ one on another. I'm pretty sure I would cut a few pieces of 3/4" plywood or a few 2x12s to bridge between ribs should I ever encounter any prolonged or heavy maintenance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

gibby

I am almost 250, and have been on the roof several times, but I don't know if they built them like the 2014 any more.
2014 21RBS
2121 F150 Lariat ,  3.5 Ecoboost, 4X4, SuperCrew