2014 14DB FINALLY GETS A BATHROOM SINK

Started by GrampaKilt, February 02, 2018, 11:27:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrampaKilt

Mitch, the braided stainless steel supply hose is genius as is the miniature faucet with the lever on/off. GK

MitchB

Genius might be a strong word but I appreciate the sentiment. Thanks. I'll post a picture when it's complete.
If it ain't broke it probably will be soon.

MitchB

Here's where I'm at with this project, if it ever warms up enough to dewinterize the water system I can finish it up.  Overall I think it's going to work out pretty well.

Another sideways image, not sure why

Edit by Paul: Rotated the pictures

MitchB

Here it is, it's held on with 4 wet environment command strips and feels really solid.  We'll see how it holds up going down the road.  Of course the first thing my wife said is can we paint the black pipe white.  :o I guess you know what I've already ordered.

Why do these silly pictures come out sideways?!

Edit by Paul: Rotated pictures

GrampaKilt

Mitch, excellent look and workmanship. Don't tell my LSW, but I'm thinking of changing my sink 'tub' faucet for the trim looking goose neck faucet you sourced. GK

MitchB

Your secret is safe with me! I was surprised at the flow rate from that little spigot, it's pretty high.

GrampaKilt

I am indebted to Mitch for this upgrade of my original mod. The good news is that my LSW gave the new faucet a big thumbs up!

I felt the outlet spud from the main valve was destined to break, never designed to handle the torque of another valve body screwed to it. A 1" length of 3/4" copper pipe was the perfect diameter to encase the spud (image 2). Note the new soap dispenser mounted up beside the shower head.

Now, what to do about the hole! GK

Retharts

Quote from: john on March 22, 2018, 06:53:08 PM
the counter weighs in at 85 lbs. call me crazy but I can't imagine it making that big of a difference. once in place it won't move.also wirh the new models having quartz I can't be adding that much more
I found an article that says quartzite weighs lesser than quartz. Maybe you can consider that option? Check it out here, it is actually pretty cost effective too. quartzite countertop cost.

GrampaKilt

I think one of the benefits of a light weight trailer like the CL 2014 14DB (DW 2300 lbs) with a GVWR of 5000 lbs (got to love the tandems) is that it allows one to add items of significant weight without much ado. And now that my TV is a GMC 1500, it makes even less difference. In fact our 14DB is almost too light.

I debated a long time about replacing the uberlight but flimsy laminate countertop with 3 cm solid quartz. The weight, the weight, can I even call my trailer a C 'L' anymore? Then I thought about the wt of an extra battery and propane tank added to the tongue? Then my mind turned to mush. I have no answer save for the 'benefit' comment.

As an aside, our best 14DB towing experience was when we moved. The TT was packed to the roof and not just with light stuff either. We had to be close to the GVWR. It was a very smooth ride. GK