Future of this forum

Started by Paul, December 15, 2015, 11:36:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eh

I bet they could have done a lot without screwing over the other forum...

idlerockfarm

Quote from: Paul on January 04, 2017, 11:54:36 AM
The url redirect to http://livinlite.com/forum they could have done their own forum without stealing the address...

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk Pro

Please let us know if there is ever anything interesting there.  I don't really see a need to go back unless I hear some amazing news on this forum.  Um, naw.  That was the worst changeover I've ever seen.  I'll be here and Popupportal.

Chappy133

I signed up.  It just went live,  Who was last?  I have a screen shot of my last post, at home, @ 2341 last night?  Pretty sure pinstriper got the last but does he have proof?
2016 LL 21 RBS
2016 LL 16 TBS (Sold)
QS 6.0 (Sold)
2022 F-150 Lariat Ecoboost Supercrew
Easton, PA

Pinstriper

Tapatalk says Sean quoted my last, so....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

gbpack

Just so you know, we (Gregg & Joan) won't be signing up for the new LL forum. We'll be staying right here with all of you! As Charlie likes to say, "Camp On"!

Paul

Quote from: idlerockfarm on January 04, 2017, 12:43:07 PM
Quote from: Paul on January 04, 2017, 11:54:36 AM
The url redirect to http://livinlite.com/forum they could have done their own forum without stealing the address...

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk Pro

Please let us know if there is ever anything interesting there.  I don't really see a need to go back unless I hear some amazing news on this forum.  Um, naw.  That was the worst changeover I've ever seen.  I'll be here and Popupportal.

I don't really plan to go on the other forum, I'll stay here, I might have a look once in a while just to see how they are doing
2014 Ford Escape
2015 Camplite 13QBB
2016 Ford F150
2018 Ford F150
2018 Camplite 21BHS

Merlin

I'm here and won't ever look back. I assume it will be all sanitized and marketing. Glad the death watch is over for the old one. @charliem has the right idea with posting his great mods and info on this site. I'll find my photos and start that too. Time to go plan camping----load 'em up.
Michigan

Paul

Quote from: Merlin on January 04, 2017, 09:37:56 PM
I'm here and won't ever look back. I assume it will be all sanitized and marketing. Glad the death watch is over for the old one. @charliem has the right idea with posting his great mods and info on this site. I'll find my photos and start that too. Time to go plan camping----load 'em up.

You can now easily find your old post using the new Archived forum. It is a read-only and is meant to be used as a reference on this forum, you can either copy a link from that forum here or copy and paste information. All the pictures are stored separately and can also be used here. You can view both links in the following topic

http://aluminiumcamperforum.com/index.php?topic=261.0
2014 Ford Escape
2015 Camplite 13QBB
2016 Ford F150
2018 Ford F150
2018 Camplite 21BHS

billmoore

I'm not planning to sign up on the other forum either. Their actions certainly don't deserve our support...
2014 LivinLite Bearcat BC7X20
2014 Ford F150 Supercab STX 4X4 5.0L

Pinstriper

I'm not planning on signing up there, either.

The official spin machine has begun. The old forum was "not secure", by which they mean not hosted on their servers and subject to "data loss at any time". Errr....cloud much ? It was only subject to loss if you stop paying, which they chose to do.

Well, as I see it, the "new" forum being "more secure" is code for "a safe place for LL marketing messaging" and nothing more.

They now are bragging that they "already posted the owners manuals". Well, if you don't register, you can see the post but not the attachments. Meanwhile, the website has been updated with new downloadable logos for LL and CL, 3 different formats each. But no owners manuals anywhere.

They have a legit beef about the old site serving up google ads. The solution to that was a higher price point on the hosting. One wonders what their TCO is on maintaining their own servers and what they think their level of competency/reliability is going to be.

Yeah, this is all about corporate marketing taking control of the content. There's no other real benefit that couldn't have been accomplished better and cheaper under the old site.

I don't plan on establishing an account over there just to share this view in their suggestions section. Especially to see it sanitized away.

Paul

Thanks everyone for your support! I am sure we can make this forum great!
2014 Ford Escape
2015 Camplite 13QBB
2016 Ford F150
2018 Ford F150
2018 Camplite 21BHS

Diversteve

Thank you Paul, this forum is already feeling like "home".
Glad to see all the familiar folks posting.

surfsup1955