Toyhauler Ramp Door damaged

Started by SWBF350, May 17, 2020, 02:25:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SWBF350

Somehow my Bearcat Ramp door got damaged, I don't recall if it was something I did but the more I used the damage ramp the worst it was getting.
I went ahead and got hold of KZ-RV through emails, then they forwarded me to "Challenger Doors". Challenger Door did make the Ramp Doors for the Livin-Lite Toyhaulers, all Challenger Doors needed was my part/stock number's on my existing Ramp Door (sticker on inside edge of ramp door).
After months of searching for a Used Ramp door to my needed spec's with No luck I went ahead and ordered a New Replacement Ramp Door with Challenger Doors. Challenger Doors Service was excellent, shipped directly to me was 6 days, did take 4 of us to mount the new ramp door, the You Tube Video shows mounting a smaller ramp door, a bit misleading compared to a larger full size door, that is why it took 4 of us instead of 2.
I did have to change out the Bar-loc hasp's on each side of the ramp door, both handles, license plate holder and the three top round rubber bumpers but that was easy.
The New Ramp door was $1,330 shipped directly to my home, my ramp door is 72"x76" in size.
Really nice to have a solid feeling ramp door back on my Bearcat toyhauler. :)
2015 Bearcat FK16 Toyhauler, Awning, Rear slide down Bug Screen, 9200btu a/c, Micro/convection oven, Fantastic Fan, 2 additional Power Fans, Front Power Jack, 24" LED TV, portable 150Watt solar panels, interstate 6v  Batteries, Dual Propane tanks.

Paul

I hope that the new one will last longer!
2014 Ford Escape
2015 Camplite 13QBB
2016 Ford F150
2018 Ford F150
2018 Camplite 21BHS

GrampaKilt

Another shout out to Challenger. When I added a cabinet door for my 14DB kitchen reno, they found some left-over LL cabinet aluminum extrusion in a dusty corner and fabricated the door for a very reasonable price plus genuinely seemed happy to be of service. GK

SWBF350

The replacement new ramp door is a inch thicker than the stock damaged ramp, has the same rating though as the previous ramp but a different part number.
2015 Bearcat FK16 Toyhauler, Awning, Rear slide down Bug Screen, 9200btu a/c, Micro/convection oven, Fantastic Fan, 2 additional Power Fans, Front Power Jack, 24" LED TV, portable 150Watt solar panels, interstate 6v  Batteries, Dual Propane tanks.