Winter Spot

Started by Powder Hounds, January 19, 2019, 08:32:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Powder Hounds

Just some  pics from our winter camping spot at Mount Kidd RV Park. We forgot just how cold our rig gets when the temperature drops.

We have enjoyed camping and skiing but will never return to this park.

We drove out from Calgary for a few days of skiing, we went to our rig in the morning to pick up our skis and plug in so we can turn on  our oil heater. We have  done this on regular basis, even in prior years.

We noticed that we had an extra charge on our bill for a night that we were not in our rig? Going to management to clarify the charge they told us that if we are plugged in before 4:00 PM they will bill us for the previous night. So if you arrive at noon set up for your stay they can and will charge you for the previous night. Staying at numerous campgrounds all over Canada and the US we NEVER experienced this. Our discussion with the manager turned a bit heated...he wanted to kick us out, but not refund us for nights not used. He even went as far as to ban us from staying there in the future. Complete incompetence.

The biggest problem we had was he actually starting laughing about a fellow camper who forgot to un plug their rig. He was happy charging them every day, a professional might want to make  a simple call to their customer and just let them know what the park policy was. Nope, not this guy.

That aside, we have had lots of fun camping and skiing.

D and L

Merlin

Good to see winter camping photos! Mine is in a deep freeze at the moment with way below 0F forecast for tonight.

Bummer about the RV park. For sure post some reviews of that place on campground sites.
Michigan

Paul

I am happy to see someone camping during the winter! My unit is currently in storage. I am part of the recall but I don't know when I'll get the fix, my dealer is currently closed until sometime in February and I'll only be able to get the repair after my unit is out of storage in May. So I might have to start my season a little bit late this year
2014 Ford Escape
2015 Camplite 13QBB
2016 Ford F150
2018 Ford F150
2018 Camplite 21BHS

gibby

Okay, now I have a reason to never go to Mount Kidd.

Charging you for a previous night, that is low.

PS, I know you had some weld issues, do you have the drawbar issue like other 21's (I have not seen any thing on mine, but will look in the spring)
2014 21RBS
2121 F150 Lariat ,  3.5 Ecoboost, 4X4, SuperCrew

Paul

Quote from: gibby on January 21, 2019, 09:34:50 AM
Okay, now I have a reason to never go to Mount Kidd.

Charging you for a previous night, that is low.

PS, I know you had some weld issues, do you have the drawbar issue like other 21's (I have not seen any thing on mine, but will look in the spring)

Yes I have received the recall on the drawbar, I have a 2018 21 BHS. I had initial contacts with my dealer they are located 1000 km from me so they are trying to get Livin Lite to ship the parts to me so I can get the repair done locally but they were not able to get an answer from them. My dealer is now closed until sometime in February and they said they will try to get an answer from them when they come back. Hopefully everything goes well.
2014 Ford Escape
2015 Camplite 13QBB
2016 Ford F150
2018 Ford F150
2018 Camplite 21BHS

Powder Hounds

Ours is ok, our build date was late 2014. I check the frame several times during the year and so far, no more issues with the welds (fingers crossed), I feel for all those  owners with the draw bar problem.

Only trailer issue we have currently is a dead fantastic fan and a small water leak around a vent. Will have to find my voltage meter for the dead fan and I got up on the roof to put some gorilla tape around the leaking vent. I suspect the vent had a lot of snow built up around it and almost mimicked an ice dam. The snow sometimes covers my vent covers as well. Lots of water comes off the roof once we crank up our heaters. Will see tonight if it leaks again.

Just happy to be camping and skiing!