Intech Sol

Started by MitchB, October 29, 2018, 09:51:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MitchB

http://www.intechrv.com/sol.php?fbclid=IwAR0MwydBMrqNgyHWcaryIK-JcfmGI1cqBhOBf3TzZGXsEG_YEUzj124cW34

Looks pretty nice. One thing I noticed in the specs, 30 gal black tank, 28 gal fresh water, no mention of gray tank. Wonder if they combined black and gray.

Edit: per Intech black and gray are combined.
If it ain't broke it probably will be soon.

djsamuel

Thanks for posting this.  I've been following the development of the Sol.  I'm wondering if they will continue to expand a bit into a bit larger of a camper, similar to how LivinLite progressed.

Brad

I checked one out last week at a local dealer.  Overall impression was positive, however I was a little disappointed with the cabinetry.  They appeared cheap.  I'm going to modify and keep my Livin Lite 16DB.

john

what was wrong with the cabinets.... and owning 2015 camplite db myself what are thinking about doing to yours

nhlakes

Not sure I'm a fan of combined black/gray tanks.   I like the idea of rinsing the hose with the less nasty soapy gray water after the black water.   We saw one at one of the RV shows last fall and it was not large enough for us, so we just gave it a quick glance and peaked inside.   

Also, I think the cabinets/interior were trying to resemble what airstream and some other brands are doing these days.

ADR

I agree about having one tank not being desirable. 
We've run into dump stations in the dry west that do not have fresh water available, either to fill your tank or rinse the hose.

Brad

John,  the cabinets appeared  to be made of pressboard.  Staples were clearly visible.  I think they were stapled, not screwed.  On my DB, I'm thinking of taking off the front Azdel off the sofa and replacing it with those stretchy cargo nets.  The only thing under my couch, 2015 16DB, are water lines to the outside shower.  I'll make a box to cover those so they don't accidently get damaged.  I received Lagun tabletop that I ordered.  I ordered it with two mounts.  I intend to mount them on each end of the couch.  I want to be able to use the sofa as a bed if need be without have to remove the table.  The table can be swung out of the way.  If this works, I'll order a second Lagun for the other end.

john

to bad about the cabinets.it is really a nice good looking camper.On my 16db I removed the left bench completely and built a new bench all the way over to the wall keeping the same table design. that enabled a 6' or even a taller person to sleep. and a lot more couch room