ok, I admit, I did something pretty dumb..

Started by catmanriff, February 22, 2018, 02:35:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

catmanriff

The QS10 had to be moved onto a side grass area so a piano truck could park on the driveway and deliver a piano. I did a solid C+ job of backing it into the little slot that had about 24" room on either side.

I rushed home to hook up to move the trailer back to it's home spot on the driveway. Got home in fading daylight. 
-Unlock the chain through the wheels, check
-perfectly placed ball hitch in my F150, check
-lower the hitch on the ball, check
-lock the hitch on the ball, check
-fold up the stab jacks, check
-get in truck and attempt to manipulate trailer into it's spot, sort of check. I had difficulty on our sloped driveway reversing. It was dark by now, and cold(Ca cold).

I got out and checked why I couldn't reverse without spinning the rear left side tire. Hmmm. Get back in. Still no deal.

2nd time I got out and looked, I noticed I hadn't folded up the tongue jack. lucky I didnt break or bend it.

Fold up tongue jack, fail  :-\

Entropy3XD

LOL......Good to hear I'm not the only that's happened to.  The first weekend I had it, I took it up to the local school to practice backing it up.  Was out there for about an hour before I realized I left the jack down.  Luckily I had the offroad kit on that one, so I had some extra height and the jack didn't hit anything. 

Merlin

Yup, I've accidentally plowed a nice furrow with the tongue jack on my utility trailer. Could've planted a few tomatoes in the groove it left.
Michigan

pjcd

I witnessed a fairly dumb move at a dump station once, guy used a rotted hose and it burst when he was dumping the black water, it cleared out the surrounding area in no time flat.

Pinstriper

Quote from: pjcd on February 22, 2018, 09:16:40 PM
I witnessed a fairly dumb move at a dump station once, guy used a rotted hose and it burst when he was dumping the black water, it cleared out the surrounding area in no time flat.

I seem to always be behind That Guy at the dump station.

The guy who hauls his poop hose INSIDE the rig, not in a tube under the bumper, but in the living area.

The guy who doesn't have gloves. Or worse, he got the good leather gloves, and he keeps using those. This is like blowing your nose with toilet paper after you wiped. Gross.

I wear safety glasses in case there is a splash while I'm rinsing. I wear disposable gloves. I take my watch off and put it in my pocket before the operation. At the end I hit my hands with lysol spray.

Capt J-rod

After changing diapers for my two daughters for years I am pretty tough when it comes to handling the poo. I still wear gloves and keep the hose separate though. My favorite is the guy who doesn't put the lid down or place a rock on it when he cuts it loose. I also pour three or four 5gallon buckets of water through to rinse out any residual in the tank. I can only imagine the stench inside the trailers we describe.

ADR

My dump station peeve is the guy that spends an inordinate amount of time attempting to clean his black tank to the point he could safely store his food in it!   
Meanwhile EVERYONE in line has to wait....I can dump and be gone generally in less than 5 minutes- usually 2.

I have NEVER rinsed my tank at a dump station- to me it just isn't needed.    Sometimes I run a couple of gallons into it after leaving the dump station if there was someone waiting- then let that slosh around on the drive home.
Then I might drain that into a 5 gallon bucket at home and dump it out.
  Often I just add a little of my chosen black tank treatment and leave it at that in above freezing weather.
Never had an issue- never had a stink problem.   All I normally use unless it is very hot weather is Dawn.