Livin'Lite closing down

Started by ADR, February 01, 2018, 09:03:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djsamuel

Quote from: charliem on June 07, 2018, 11:15:40 AM
I just talked with my local LL dealer, Windish RV. The LL factory has confirmed they are shutting down. No firm date but it was supposed to be sometime this month, June 2018. RIP Livinlite. Scott, where are you when we need you?

Scott is at Intech RV.  They have some form of announcement today at 5PM on their Facebook page.

DavidM

Quote from: djsamuel on June 07, 2018, 12:22:08 PM
Quote from: charliem on June 07, 2018, 11:15:40 AM
I just talked with my local LL dealer, Windish RV. The LL factory has confirmed they are shutting down. No firm date but it was supposed to be sometime this month, June 2018. RIP Livinlite. Scott, where are you when we need you?

Scott is at Intech RV.  They have some form of announcement today at 5PM on their Facebook page.

I wouldn't be surprised if the announcement is that Intech is buying Livin Lite. Wouldn't be the first time an owner/founder sold his company to someone big, they couldn't make a go of it and then sold it back to him (for much less!!).

David

Steve Sanders

That would be great!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

surfsup1955

Hell yea, that would be [emoji108] with me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DavidM

Unfortunately Intech RV's announcement today was for a new Luna Lite model. Nothing like a Camp Lite.

David

djsamuel

Quote from: DavidM on June 07, 2018, 06:34:52 PM
Unfortunately Intech RV's announcement today was for a new Luna Lite model. Nothing like a Camp Lite.

David

I was also disappointed.

PaulJ

Scott; we NEED you don't let THOR-THUMB ruin your Baby? Please take us back!!!!

Paul J

djsamuel

Anybody hear a rumor that Heartland purchased Livin Lite? I won't believe it until I see something official.

Edit: I saw a post somewhere that there is a rumor Livin Lite was sold. The person thought it was Heartland, but then I realized Thor owns them anyway. Either it is being moved under Heartland, it is being sold to someone else, or nothing is happening.

surfsup1955

Quote from: Merlin on August 18, 2018, 05:26:10 PM
From the other LL closing thread:

https://www.truckcampermagazine.com/news/the-rise-and-fall-of-camplite-and-ford-truck-campers/?singlepage=1

That's quite a story. I can't understand killing off a product that has a good steady demand?

Makes me wonder if someday our units will be a hot commodity in the used market?

surfsup1955

Thanks for sharing...

keeena

Thanks for sharing the article. Popped by the site because I had steered a friend to LL...now to see they are out of business. Explains why I saw so few on RVTrader. A bit sad; still love my LL.

Was there a fire sale? The few new ones on RVTrader seem very expensive.

DavidM

There was never a fire sale of unsold LLs in dealer's stock. And that RVtrader prices are holding up is a testement to LL's quality (maybe pre Thor) and popularity. It is crazy/sad that Thor couldn't make a go of LLs.

David

Chappy133

Looks like the LL Yahoo page is getting shut down by the end of the year.  I pointed folks in this direction. 
2016 LL 21 RBS
2016 LL 16 TBS (Sold)
QS 6.0 (Sold)
2022 F-150 Lariat Ecoboost Supercrew
Easton, PA