Slide out question(s) on 2017 16TBS

Started by gzelna, February 09, 2021, 09:22:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gzelna

Hello all, best I can figure from reading numerous other posts, etc is Lippert is the Mfr of my slide out, altho the owners docs on my 2017 LivinLite 16TBS is lacking a good deal of detail there. From the label on the side of the slide out unit it indicates:
INWALLSTD   V000272255  DOM  0/18/2016   RPO-045-013346

I contacted who I believe to be the mfr for tech info on the slide.

Reason #1, I goofed and opened the slide out (which has thus far worked perfectly) with the removable table stowed off the foot of the bed on the floor standing on edge to the right(out of my view) - opened it on the dang table jamming it on the right side, bottom of the slide and realized something was amiss when I popped that front valence/trim piece over there, partially off. Made a goodly popping sound, too. After kicking myself and spending a couple hours repairing the trim and reinstalling it. I exercised the slide out. IT 'seems' to be cocked slightly left to right now. Maybe 1" or so, IDK if it was always like this (I've only had the rig 2 weeks). When it deploys out, the slide unit does snug up flush to the trailer walls, but one side contacts first, followed by the other. Same with retract, one side contacts first, followed by the other, probably 1" or so of difference before they seat up flush to the mating surface. IDK if this drive system can 'jump a tooth' or two or not when jammed like I did, and if continued operation of the slide out will eventually damage it. Also some units I've read have shear bolts to save the drive system from further damage in such instances. I got no idea. Thus the need for manuals and tech info.

Anybody else chased down technical information, manuals, parts list, etc  ? Is Lippert even the correct mfr ?  I'd really rather not make a trip to a dealer to repair, adjust, etc... this.

Thanks,
Greg

DavidM

My 2013 16TBS definitely had a Schwintek slide out system, but maybe it was changed to Lippert for later models. But I think the fix may be the same.

You need to synchronize the left and right slide motors. The way to do that is to run the slide in or out and when you get to the end, hold the switch for a few more seconds. That synchronizes the two sides.

David

Merlin

Lippert pretty much owns everything RV now! The Schwintek slide outs are Lippert products. Here is the video from their site on synching the motors.

https://store.lci1.com/blog/retiming-schwintek-slide-out-preventing-syncing-issues

Michigan

gzelna

Thanks David, Merlin, yes Lippert tech support told me its a Schwintek slide out system - perhaps a wholly owned subsidiary of Lippert at this point. The video doesn't seem to be available on that link though, strange. I'll look around more. I did run the slide all the way out, plus 2-3 seconds at the extreme end of travel, the motors made some sounds, then went silent so its possible it did the trick. As we were working inside it, its still extended though.....! Ran out of time and daylight. I'll post a follow-up today.

DavidM

That video didn't work for me either, but if you scroll just past it there is a description of what you have to do to resync the motors. It is a bit different from what I posted above. You extend the slide and hold the button for at least 3 seconds after it stops, then retract the slide a foot or so and repeat two more times. That should sync them up.

David

gzelna

Worked like a champ, many thanks ! The slide now retracts and nests square up against the side of the trailer without 'one side landing first'......

DavidM

Hurray!!! Nice to have an easy fix that works!!!!

David