How do I learn the details of the water system on a new LL Platinum 21 BHS?

Started by alazear, April 18, 2018, 03:20:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alazear

Hi LL Folks,

Before I get into my questions and challenges with this trailer, I'd like to say I really like it and think it'll be a good one and is unique in the market.  I'm overall excited to own it.

Questions/Challenges:

I'm new to this forum and a new 2018 LL 21 BHS w/Platinum + Off-Road Package owner.  I took delivery about a month ago, but it's now warming up enough I need to dewinterize the water system and get it up an running for the first time.  I'm super handy with all things tool related [my woodshop is bigger in sq. ft. than my house + I built my kitchen from scratch], but the problem is I can't see much of the pipping, fittings and valves to figure it out.  I have the fully enclosed underbelly that came with the Platinum Package.  Thus, all the tanks and much of the pipping is hidden from view.  So I'm struggling to figure out how stuff is routed and valved.  I've dove under all the cabinets and bunks and have seen what I can, but I have no idea exactly where the tanks are located front to back and side to side in the trailer.  To say the directions from LL are lacking in this area would be an understatement. 

Things other than plumbing I've done so far:
1.  Redrilled all the corner stabilizer jacks and installed grade 8 through bolts to hold them on.  [Sheetmetal screws stock. Boy they must slam these things together quickly]
2.  Rewired the ridiculous wiring in the front triangle area going into the battery
3.  Installed (2)  6 volt batteries
4.  Reworked and reinstalled the outside bracket that holds the gray/black discharge tube to the frame [poor quality]
5.  Straightened all the crooked cabinet handles which included redrilling some of them
6.  Installed an Anderson WD hitch. !st time testing around the block, it seems good. Hope I chose correctly.
7.  Reinstalled water heater plug

Okay, plumbing and water is next, where do I find:
1.  Detailed info on what's going on down there?
2.  Is the drain valve in the fresh water tank really 1/3 up the side of the tank?  I couldn't seem to get the last 1/3 of the water out drain valve so, I'm assuming that is my answer?  Man, at 26 gal., it's already small, now even smaller???
3.  How is that related to the low point drain caps on the blue and red PEX tubing coming out the bottom? 
4.  Are there good clear pictures of a LL 21 BHS without the Platinum Package showing the underbelly somewhere on this site to look at for a reference?  Maybe from an old post somewhere?

Thanks in advance for the help.  I am exited to own this trailer and bought it knowing full well the following:

1. It doesn't have the same alum. materials it used to have on the top, sides or bottom. 
2. It may have weld problems with the frame, but I sure hope not...  I mig and tig weld, but I don't want to do that with this alum. frame... I'm a better grinder than a welder so far w/Alum....  :)
3. Camplite may go out of business this summer or switch to a steel frame or ?? 

I like the trailer anyway, and decided to pull the trigger for a light trailer I can pull with a Dodge Durango RT to avoid buying a truck as a 3rd vehicle. 

My wife and I can't wait to use this thing as a base. We plan to camp, mt. bike, climb and kiteboard from it.  Excited to get out. 

Adam
Gardnerville, NV.

Merlin

Welcome! Sounds like you're on the way to a great set of modifications. I'll bet @gbpack can help you with your 21BHS questions. He's a pro with that model, as are a few others on here.
Michigan

alazear

Hi Merlin,

Thanks for the welcome and tip.  I'll look up @gbpack and ask him about the details one needs to know on the water system.

Much appreciated.
Adam

gbpack

Welcome! Yes indeed, I would be happy to try and help. Just PM me (through this forum) and I will give you my cell number so that we can discuss. Too many things here to try and resolve in a thread!