Austin Texas checking in

Started by the, July 02, 2020, 11:38:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the

Just purchased this trailer: https://aluminumcamperforum.com/index.php?topic=1269.0 Pretty excited to be in the aluminum camper club!!

I'm an ex-ski bum, i paraglide, and love music. Looking to work remotely on the road in this badboy with out the worries that come with a wooden trailer. I've owned and repaired way too many, and I'm excited at the prospect of having one around for several years!

Paul

Welcome! That is nice that you bought your trailer on ACF!  Looking forward hearing more camping stories! That is interesting that you want to work remotely in it! I am also a remote worker but didn't try to work in my trailer yet! What are you doing for internet connection?
2014 Ford Escape
2015 Camplite 13QBB
2016 Ford F150
2018 Ford F150
2018 Camplite 21BHS

the

This week I've been testing an 900 gig month 'pink plan' (tmobile) from no limit data with a mofi 4500. lotta nerdy features on the mofi if you like that stuff. reception on the mofi is usually 5db better than my cell phone due to its larger antennae. Most phones these days have 4 antennae for mimo, this device only has two so its slower than the phone if the the phone has signal. It also works much better outside the trailer, i suspect the aluminum trailer frame is acting like a faraday cage.

I'll be spending time in the pacNW as far off the grid as i can and am looking at a 'red plan'  (verizon) from viper internet. I'll be installing an external cell booster, which is also a mimo killer, but i really only need 5megs 1meg up to get my work done.

Merlin

I know the camper and the person you bought it from. Nice rig!  I look forward to your travel stories.
Michigan

dlb53151

Welcome to the club!!  #aluminum rocks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk