TV rear shocks replacement + porpoising

Started by Sylvain, November 22, 2019, 07:42:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sylvain

Thanks for your input GK.  Out of curiosity how many km do you have on your GMC?  Any mecanical problems with it?

GrampaKilt

Quote from: Sylvain on December 08, 2019, 05:31:14 PM
Thanks for your input GK.  Out of curiosity how many km do you have on your GMC?  Any mecanical problems with it?
My 2017 Sierra 1500 has 55000 km on it. Several mech probs thus far. From purchase there is an ongoing problem with chugging/fishbiting that the dealership is still unable/unwilling to fix despite a bulletin outlining the problem. And just lately, the truck can be stuck in 4WD even when switched to 2WD. It takes a couple of switching cycles to get 4WD to let go.

If my next purchase is a truck, I think Ford may get my vote. Consumers in Canada are certainly going that way. Sales of GMC/Chev pickups down by 7%, Ford up by 10%. My son with his 2017 Ford with the 6 cyl Eco Boost consistently uses 2+L/100km less than my 8 cyl with its ineffective Active Fuel Management 4 cyl nonsense. GK 

Sylvain

Thanks again for your input GK.  Ours is a 2015 Silverado with 56000km.  This summer we had an average gas consomption of 18.5L/100km for our 2200km vacation trip towing our 13QBB.  Not to bad.    We bought it 1.5 years ago.  We had to replace the radiator and now the two rear shocks needs to be replaced.  I don't like the AFM either.  I now run the transmission in M5 mode when driving in the city (up to about 85km/h).  That way, the transmission act just like in D (Drive) but the truck always stays in 8 cylinder mode and doesn't engage the 6th gear.  The ride is much more pleasant and smooth that way.  Many owner do that just to bypass the AFM.  I'm a Toyoya guy.  I decided to give the Silverado a try.  I hope we won't have to much problems with it since I like the comfort of this truck.  Next truck will be a Toyota for sure!