Quicksilver 8.1 OUT....Camplite 16DB IN

Started by jagwire64, May 14, 2021, 10:50:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jagwire64

Longtime campers from tents to popups...Last 6 years with a Quicksilver 8.1...Never thought i would get a TT.

The QS 8.1 has been brilliant...simple and easy to manage. However, when the tent gets wet and you want to leave...or its wet out when you arrive...it can be a bit of a pain. Plus we are getting to the age where multiple bevys lead to midnight trips to the latrine.

The first spring camp was enjoyable but wet, so we decided enough talk it was time. Started looking for a smaller Camplite the afternoon we arrived home. Found a couple and left messages on RV trader.  Surprisingly, the owner of one called that night during dinner.  I told my wife Alabama wasn't that far from Virginia. These things go like ether so we had to act fast. Bought a brake controller and we drove down the next weekend and picked up our new to us 2013 CL 16 DB...built in 2012.

The only problem with the Camplite is it is perfect for the wife and I...however, we will need to get creative when the 2 adult children join us over the 4th.  I need to modify the dinette back rails so a taller person can stretch out. My son will have to sleep on the floor.

Looking forward to the first 3 a.m. latrine call.

Merlin

Good to have you on the forum!  Great story and great move. Maybe consider a tent for the family? Having a person on the floor inside could make for very exciting trip to the latrine at night  :o
Michigan

Chappy133

Another option to modifying the dinette is have your guests stay in a tent? My brother snores so he has to sleep outside the camper. 
2016 LL 21 RBS
2016 LL 16 TBS (Sold)
QS 6.0 (Sold)
2022 F-150 Lariat Ecoboost Supercrew
Easton, PA