Replace Roof Vent Plastic Cover

Started by Jackson, March 27, 2021, 02:42:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jackson

Our TBS16 is beginning to show its age. The plastic roof vent covers have survived north country winters and south west summers but are now cracked and with the consistency of plastic wrap. I purchased Cynder universal covers that do not match the OEM covers. Any help on where I might find proper replacements?

Much appreciated.

Gordon

Merlin

I'm not sure what you mean by vent cover, but both the round and squares covers can be found to match almost any OEM from the upgrade store. Here's the square ones.

https://www.rvupgradestore.com/searchresults.html?Search=Vent+covers&Submit=#?keywords=Vent+covers&search_return=all&page=2

You can also get most any trailer part from etrailer.com.
Michigan

Jackson

Finally have weather permitting roof vent cover replacement. Need to remove interior fan and bezel. Torque in interior trim is not T20 or T15. Number 2 square bit doesn't either. How to remove from inside trailer?  Stuck? Dometic tool only?

"The window she is broken and the rain is coming in. If I don't get the window fixed I'm soaking to my skin. but if I wait another day, the rain may go away. And I won't need a window on such a sunny day." Manana.

Merlin

I've never seen a proprietary fastener on a Livin Lite, even from a supplier.  It's strange a #2 square bit didn't fit. Take a phone photo of it to a hardware store and ask?
Michigan

Jackson

Will check on that #2 square bit  size. May be my error. Close but won't bite. Thanks

tbwrench

The screws are Robertson. Just was dealing with them today. Tried all my torx and then remembered.