LP Option on QS 8.1

Started by txleadfoot, August 24, 2018, 04:23:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

txleadfoot

Our 2016 doesn't have the propane setup from the factory.  Has anyone retrofitted a safe, reliable system?  I'm considering mounting a squatty 11 lb. propane bottle up on the tongue.
Shaun
Whitewright, Texas USA

Steve Sanders

Propane or Natural Gas plumbing is about the same whether it's in a camper or a house. You want to use copper roll tubing, probably 1/2 inch, with flare fittings for all joints. Make sure that all mounting points can't cause any abrasive damage to the pipe that would result in a leak. Use a soap solution to check for leaks.

It's not rocket surgery, but it requires much attention to detail! It's also very low pressure, so it's not that hard to get it right.

Remember that propane is heavier than air, so any leaked gas will go toward the ground.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

DavidM

Steve has the basics right. But use a short length of rubber LPG hose to make the final attachment to the LPG tank. Then run the rubber hose down to the frame and attach it to copper tubing for the rest of the run using a coupler. Use tubing clamps to tie it down to the frame every few feet.

David

txleadfoot

Thanks gents.  I was hoping someone had done this and could list the parts required with progress photos?
Shaun
Whitewright, Texas USA

Merlin

It would be a custom installation for each trailer; there would not be a standard parts list. If you have enough experience and the tools to tackle this yourself, I suggest giving the rvupgradestore a call to have them help you get the parts and supplies you need. Doing it safely is not for the faint of heart and will take some time and expertise. 

https://www.rvupgradestore.com/default.asp
Michigan