Aluminum Campers Club with Rallies - Any INTEREST ??????

Started by PaulJ, August 16, 2017, 10:32:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pinstriper

Many years ago I played in a USTA tennis league. The best doubles player on the team was a guy in his 70's who had two artificial knees. He wasn't mobile enough for singles, but he got around on the court pretty good. He always needed a partner who could run back to cover any deep lobs if we were playing up at the net. So you'll probably lose the ability to run.

He told me one knee was better than the other, a lesson learned about his diligence in rehab. The less successful knee was the one where he didn't follow the rehab as much as the first.

gbpack

OK. Let's plan on doing a meet-up/campout somewhere here in AZ in October of 2019. I can coordinate with Ammobob and we will create a separate thread in this section for it later this year. In the meantime, pencil that in on your calendars (those who are interested) and let us know if you have any suggestions on which area of Arizona you would like to hold it. David's suggestion of Sedona is a great one and let's get a few more ideas as well!

Steve Sanders

Quote from: gbpack on January 26, 2018, 05:20:54 PM
OK. Let's plan on doing a meet-up/campout somewhere here in AZ in October of 2019. I can coordinate with Ammobob and we will create a separate thread in this section for it later this year. In the meantime, pencil that in on your calendars (those who are interested) and let us know if you have any suggestions on which area of Arizona you would like to hold it. David's suggestion of Sedona is a great one and let's get a few more ideas as well!
Sedona sounds great! I will we could come, but that's too far for us.

Anyone want to do an event in the southeast?

Steve

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

SCBillandJane

Southeast sounds good! We live in the Greenville, SC area.

Merlin

Michigan

Steve Sanders

Quote from: SCBillandJane on January 28, 2018, 06:24:55 PM
Southeast sounds good! We live in the Greenville, SC area.
Two campers is a good start. Perhaps a nice barrier island on the GA or SC coast.  The campground at Stone Mountain or somewhere in the north Georgia mountains could be nice too.

We've got a rebuilt 8.1 that needs its first trip.

Entropy3XD

I might be interested in a S.E. meetup.  I'm out of southern Maryland with a 10.0 and am currently planning for some trips down that way this summer.

Steve Sanders

Quote from: Entropy3XD on January 30, 2018, 12:46:08 PM
I might be interested in a S.E. meetup.  I'm out of southern Maryland with a 10.0 and am currently planning for some trips down that way this summer.
Let us know where you are planning to go. Perhaps we can find a location that will work for several owners.

We are in the Birmingham area, but just about anywhere in the southeast would be worth discussing. We took our 6.0 to Key West last June and got our 8.1 near Charleston last July.

ammobob

Well things are moving along fine with the left knee. PT is working just not there yet but am fully mobile. Doc will not do the right knee now. Wants to wait until September and wants to hit it with cortisone this Wednesday. OK with me as it will let us get out this summer camping in Utah. Thanks for the kind words of support Charlie. Looking forward to some time away once I retire May 31st.

Merlin

Some Utah camping this summer should help a lot, both mentally and physically! I hope things work out to get out!
Michigan