Rubber seal around the windows

Started by Sylvain, May 11, 2019, 01:31:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sylvain

Good morning everyone!

While working in the CL this morning I noticed that the rubber seal around one of the window frame has shrunk or was cut to short from the factory.  As you can see from the photos, there is a gap in the corner.  Anyone know where I could buy such a rubber trim?

Thanks........Sylvain

Merlin

Pretty big job to replace. I would just use black silicone sealer. Practice a bit on something else and you'll get a nice looking seal there.
Michigan

Sylvain

If I can't find that same exact rubber trim I may end up sealing it with some caulk.  I did a lot of caulking in the past so this wouldn't be a problem for me but still hope I can find that trim!

GrampaKilt

Sylvain, I may have some extra rubber trim. I ordered a curved window to install on the front of my CL from the company that imports those european windows and since they only do wholesale, my contact there had to send me a whole roll! I'll take a pic and post it later today. If it matches your's, I can send you a length, no cost save for shipping. (I live in BC). GK

Sylvain

Oooooooh, that would be awesome!

Thanks

Fatdog2

You could get some automotive edge trim and probably work it in to fill the gap if the other trim is the wrong size from GrampaKilt.  check out this site https://www.trimlok.com/plastic-extrusion/edge-trim

Sylvain

Thanks, it could work.  I'll be waiting for GrampaKilt photo and see if it works on our trailer.  If not, I'll give your idea a try!

GrampaKilt

Apologize for the delay, Sylvain. Profile pic attached. It certainly looks like the window trim in my CL. Regards, GK

Sylvain

No problem, it's no rush!  Thanks for that photo.  It looks very similar to mine.  I'll have a closer look and I'll let you know shortly.

Thanks again........Sylvain

GrampaKilt

Hi Sylvain,
I'll see if I can lift up the seal on my window and check for a match/take pic. I think it will be since this wholesale company said it supplied this brand of european acrylic windows and rubber trim for all American manufacturers who use them.

Looking forward to installing my curved window later this month.  :D
GK

Sylvain

Hello GK,
I checked our trim and it's very very similar to yours.  So if you are willing to sell me a lenght of trim I would be very grateful.

Thanks........Sylvain