Forum categories

Started by Paul, June 17, 2015, 02:42:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul

Hi, The current categories was based on the proboards forum plus I added a couple more but I don't really like it and would like to improve it. So I would like to have suggestions for the forum categories, which one we should be adding, removing, renaming, etc. in order to make the forum better.
2014 Ford Escape
2015 Camplite 13QBB
2016 Ford F150
2018 Ford F150
2018 Camplite 21BHS

Paul

i would like to revive this topic, i would like to redo the categories to differienciate us from the proboards forum. I would like to modify the current sections so we are more unique and also add new sections. PEIslander gave me some ideas at the Fundy meetup but i dont remember them all, one of them was a section to show off your gears. Please post any suggestions !
2014 Ford Escape
2015 Camplite 13QBB
2016 Ford F150
2018 Ford F150
2018 Camplite 21BHS

rob

How about having "tent camper" and "travel trailer" as opposed to "Quicksilver" and "Camplite"?  Maybe "hard top" and "soft top"?

There are soft top and hard top toy haulers but many mods and/or problems that only apply to one or the other.

Paul

2014 Ford Escape
2015 Camplite 13QBB
2016 Ford F150
2018 Ford F150
2018 Camplite 21BHS

Merlin

Thanks for asking! Here are a few ideas, use those that work and toss the others!

1. Delete the Camplite General Discussion board in the Camplite main section. It's not needed (duplicative) and things get lost in there. Everything in there would fit fine in one of the other boards in the main Camplite section.

2. Keep all the current boards about modifications; those are very useful.

3. Change the name of the Trip Reports board to Trip Reports/Photos.

4. Delete the Off-Topic main section/board entirely. There are other forums to post things unrelated to camping and using Livin Lite equipment. Off-Topic sections often lead to trouble of various kinds and are not needed. Basically, if a subject doesn't fit in one of the other sections/boards, it should not be on this forum. (and I suspect removing it will save you a lot of grief as the Admin.)

5. Making Towing it's own main section and take it out of Camping. Some potential sub-boards under a new Towing section might include: Hitches; Tow Vehicles; and MPG. Also remove the description under Towing because this new section would be about a lot more than ".....issues".

6. Add a new main section on Buying/Selling/Trading. Some potential sub-boards under a new Buying/Selling/Trading section might include: Trailers for Sale; Vehicles for Sale; Equipment for Sale/Trade; Purchase Advice; Selling Advice.
Michigan

Paul

Quote from: Merlin on July 02, 2015, 02:51:28 PM
Thanks for asking! Here are a few ideas, use those that work and toss the others!

1. Delete the Camplite General Discussion board in the Camplite main section. It's not needed (duplicative) and things get lost in there. Everything in there would fit fine in one of the other boards in the main Camplite section.

2. Keep all the current boards about modifications; those are very useful.

3. Change the name of the Trip Reports board to Trip Reports/Photos.

4. Delete the Off-Topic main section/board entirely. There are other forums to post things unrelated to camping and using Livin Lite equipment. Off-Topic sections often lead to trouble of various kinds and are not needed. Basically, if a subject doesn't fit in one of the other sections/boards, it should not be on this forum. (and I suspect removing it will save you a lot of grief as the Admin.)

5. Making Towing it's own main section and take it out of Camping. Some potential sub-boards under a new Towing section might include: Hitches; Tow Vehicles; and MPG. Also remove the description under Towing because this new section would be about a lot more than ".....issues".

6. Add a new main section on Buying/Selling/Trading. Some potential sub-boards under a new Buying/Selling/Trading section might include: Trailers for Sale; Vehicles for Sale; Equipment for Sale/Trade; Purchase Advice; Selling Advice.

Hi Merlin I really appreciate your input, your ideas are really good! I am going to implement most of your ideas later today. Keep the suggestions comings!
2014 Ford Escape
2015 Camplite 13QBB
2016 Ford F150
2018 Ford F150
2018 Camplite 21BHS

Paul

Ok so I have implemented some of Merlin's ideas, can you let me know if I made it right? Help me improve it? Maybe help me with some descriptions?  Thank you
2014 Ford Escape
2015 Camplite 13QBB
2016 Ford F150
2018 Ford F150
2018 Camplite 21BHS

WWBushhog

One 'vote' against disallowing the 'off-topic' category...after all, is it not facilitating this discussion? 

That said, it's not a hill worthy of planting a flag, so to speak. 

Paul

Quote from: WWBushhog on July 02, 2015, 05:02:54 PM
One 'vote' against disallowing the 'off-topic' category...after all, is it not facilitating this discussion? 

That said, it's not a hill worthy of planting a flag, so to speak.

Hi WWBushhog, I plan keeping the Off Topic discussion, we had no problem on this forum and I think it's manageable so don't worry  ;)
2014 Ford Escape
2015 Camplite 13QBB
2016 Ford F150
2018 Ford F150
2018 Camplite 21BHS

Paul

Quote from: rob on July 02, 2015, 02:20:39 PM
How about having "tent camper" and "travel trailer" as opposed to "Quicksilver" and "Camplite"?  Maybe "hard top" and "soft top"?

There are soft top and hard top toy haulers but many mods and/or problems that only apply to one or the other.

I would like to have others opinion on this. To me it looks like a good idea. What everyone else think?
2014 Ford Escape
2015 Camplite 13QBB
2016 Ford F150
2018 Ford F150
2018 Camplite 21BHS

WWBushhog

Quote from: Paul on July 02, 2015, 05:14:14 PM
Quote from: rob on July 02, 2015, 02:20:39 PM

I would like to have others opinion on this. To me it looks like a good idea. What everyone else think?

This distinction has merit and we'll think more how to help make it.  In the meantime, will throw this at you, Paul:

Would it not be soooo cool to be able to have a live feed to any/all participating LL gatherings?  Dates and specific time windows for the feed could be announced in advance.  This live-time feed could facilitate sharing incredible places/great LL folks, their trailers, activities, ideas, food and fun with LL forum visitors who might otherwise never be able to gather and meet in person. 

While simple in 'theory', especially for one who would not be doing the actual 'work'  ;), might it be doable for you tech-saavy 'youngsters' who manage this forum?  Yes, unfortunately, greater scrutiny for security purposes would be required.  But how it could energize this forum and set it apart from other abundant auto-pilot type forums!

For example: a Fundy photo was posted of your trailer, Paul, with the awning supports changed to a vertical position with credit given to PEI Islander for sharing this idea.  Whaaaat?  Can our trailer do that?  How?  Now think how great and how FUN it would be to see the LL gathering attendee (PEIslander, in this example) implementing this idea, LIVE, ...bloopers and all!  This specific idea demonstrated LIVE could also be promoted in advance to draw additional viewers.  Sure, it  could be videotaped and posted later, but what fun if it were LIVE, to say little of the potential for enhanced viewership!   And what ideas might emerge especially from those who love being in front of the camera!  :o  More importantly, there would be greater impetus to organize LL Gatherings by LL owners around the world! Think of the impact of this! 

Think about it, Paul, PEIslander and Rideandfly, as admins/moderators of this forum.  A Livin Lite star could be born!  And it just might well be 'LivinLiteForum.com'!

Paul

hi  WWBushhog if someone volunteer to do some video I can find a way to facilitate the posting of them here, it's a good idea. But doing it live from the campground could be harder depending if the reception is good or not but doing a section for video tutorial is a good idea, maybe someone else can expand on this idea? thank you for feeding the brainstorming
2014 Ford Escape
2015 Camplite 13QBB
2016 Ford F150
2018 Ford F150
2018 Camplite 21BHS