Lousy table on 16 TBS

Started by Popup2012, February 01, 2017, 06:25:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mojospeople

Hey all! Reviving this thread because there are good pics and discussion about the very couch configuration I want to change. Seeking ideas/advice on this. We have the same tri-fold couch and slide out in our 2017 16TBS. Link:
https://www.campingworld.com/thomas-payne-collection-heritage-series-destination-tri-fold-sofa-72w-sofa-oxford-walnut-103559.html?gclid=CjwKCAiAjMHwBRAVEiwAzdLWGKapGw5SVstyQD--9DerWPeWGMAL01jtvvC0H6JSOs-5xyMlahzOZRoCpJsQAvD_BwE

My problem - after 3 seasons we're tired of our feet not touching the floor. The couch is beyond comfortable otherwise. It seems that the "problem" lies in the fact that our slides are raised ~6 inches off the floor where I see in other campers the slide is level with the camper floor. Does anyone else here have the same raised level slide-out with a different couch that is shorter and lets your feet touch the floor? I'm looking at the jack knife sofa in the same furniture collection and wondering if we can install it at a little lower height than our current setup. Link:
https://www.campingworld.com/thomas-payne-collection-heritage-series-jackknife-sofa-622958.html?cgid=sofas#start=1&cgid=inside-rv%2Frv-furniture%2Fsofas

Has anyone removed their tri-fold sofa and have info on how it is mounted? Ideas on how to achieve my goal of sitting with my feet on the ground? Anyone want a reaaaaallllly comfy tri-fold sofa? Thanks all!

Merlin

Quote from: mojospeople on January 04, 2020, 10:41:35 PM
Hey all! Reviving this thread because there are good pics and discussion about the very couch configuration I want to change. Seeking ideas/advice on this. We have the same tri-fold couch and slide out in our 2017 16TBS. Link:
https://www.campingworld.com/thomas-payne-collection-heritage-series-destination-tri-fold-sofa-72w-sofa-oxford-walnut-103559.html?gclid=CjwKCAiAjMHwBRAVEiwAzdLWGKapGw5SVstyQD--9DerWPeWGMAL01jtvvC0H6JSOs-5xyMlahzOZRoCpJsQAvD_BwE

My problem - after 3 seasons we're tired of our feet not touching the floor. The couch is beyond comfortable otherwise. It seems that the "problem" lies in the fact that our slides are raised ~6 inches off the floor where I see in other campers the slide is level with the camper floor. Does anyone else here have the same raised level slide-out with a different couch that is shorter and lets your feet touch the floor? I'm looking at the jack knife sofa in the same furniture collection and wondering if we can install it at a little lower height than our current setup. Link:
https://www.campingworld.com/thomas-payne-collection-heritage-series-jackknife-sofa-622958.html?cgid=sofas#start=1&cgid=inside-rv%2Frv-furniture%2Fsofas

Has anyone removed their tri-fold sofa and have info on how it is mounted? Ideas on how to achieve my goal of sitting with my feet on the ground? Anyone want a reaaaaallllly comfy tri-fold sofa? Thanks all!

Yup, it's the feet off the floor thing! We've sat in a bunch of jackknife sofas because they way they mount would solve the problem. But (and butt), none of them are as comfy as the trifold. We gave up and are considering some type of lightweight foot rest. If you find a solution, the next round's on me.
Michigan

mojospeople

Quote from: Merlin on January 05, 2020, 11:03:59 PM
Yup, it's the feet off the floor thing! We've sat in a bunch of jackknife sofas because they way they mount would solve the problem. But (and butt), none of them are as comfy as the trifold. We gave up and are considering some type of lightweight foot rest. If you find a solution, the next round's on me.

I'm cautiously optimistic that the jackknife sofa of the same furniture line and same materials will be almost as comfortable. Honestly I'd give up a little butt comfort to touch the ground!

I've been busy taking measurements and my calculation is that if we mount the jackknife directly to the slide base (no legs) then the seat height will be around 20" - 21". Current height is about 26". I'm probably going to make the leap. Will post updates when I get started.

Merlin

Check out what you plan to buy at a Camping World with furniture or at an RV show. The jackknife sofa is made differently with a much more firm base/cushion. It's been more than a year since I looked, so maybe something new is out there?
Michigan

Chappy133

Merlin I thought you would jump on the sofa offer since you where scoping mine out in Maine. 

We use to Tough Boxes as foot rests.  They double as storage and foot rests for the sofa. 
2016 LL 21 RBS
2016 LL 16 TBS (Sold)
QS 6.0 (Sold)
2022 F-150 Lariat Ecoboost Supercrew
Easton, PA

Merlin

Quote from: Chappy133 on January 12, 2020, 11:01:43 AM
Merlin I thought you would jump on the sofa offer since you where scoping mine out in Maine. 

We use to Tough Boxes as foot rests.  They double as storage and foot rests for the sofa.

Yup, I should have swiped yours while I had a chance.  ;) This one is too far away.  :-\
Michigan