Purchase Advice of Sorts

Started by Merlin, June 29, 2017, 02:59:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merlin

Here's a hilarious (to me, not to the camper owner) posting on another forum from an owner of a new camper who was asked about the trailer he just bought and took on its first long trip. 'Nuff said!

"It's a 25' Keystone Cougar. Tows great, water lines assembled with pinch that caused no water, electrical converter short meant no camping without power, screws on stove flew off so only two burners worked, vent line on water tank not tight so leaked, window valances falling off, exterior flashing on slide fell off in spite of repeated tightening, handles on dump tanks fell off, mag wheels too thick to go on spare tire holder after flat, dust ingress (even after duct taping) was so bad we put everything we could fit under the bedspread, screws accumulating on counter after every leg of trip, various fasteners missing from undercarriage but those were the only problems. Except for the drawers that were stapled into the underneath of the counter and fell apart. And the brakes that were susceptible to the dust which resulted in coming most of the way home with intermittent "brake output shorted- no brakes" messages."
Michigan

MitchB

A rousing endorsement. I gotta get me one of them.
If it ain't broke it probably will be soon.

Pinstriper

But..but.... AULMINUM SHAVINGS 11!!!1

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Merlin

And a wonderful followup from the same person who posted the quote above earlier in the other forum:

"We are arguing over burning it in front of the dealer or on a roundy round by the freeway where the manufacturer might get some attention."
Michigan

PaulJ

Thank You Merlin. I did need the laugh.