Boondockers Welcome

Started by DavidM, July 07, 2019, 09:58:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidM

I have a good friend who is traveling up in Canada right now. He introduced me to Boondockers Welcome, an online service that matches up campers with hosts who have a free place where you can park your rig for the night. See: https://www.boondockerswelcome.com/

I haven't used it yet, and I probably won't but my friend has camped at these free host sites for a few weeks now and has always had a good experience. These sites are usually rural and some are absolutely beautiful, such as one that backs up to a small river in New Brunswick. Some have power and water available and a few have sanitary connections where the host obviously set up a pad for his own RV and made it big enough for 1 or 2 extras. A small gratuity is expected for these additional services.

You search for sites using a base location and a radius outwards as well as dates you are interested in. Then click on the RV icon for a detailed listing of that particular site. The listing gives size and stay restrictions- usually 2-5 days. You then contact the host through their secure message facility and request a reservation.

Many hosts as you might imagine are extroverts and some will invite you in for a drink or even dinner. Your choice to accept or decline, but they are always helpful.

Give it a try.

David

Paul

That is cool that there is even spot in New Brunswick! I should look it up it could be fun even if I travel not too far away
2014 Ford Escape
2015 Camplite 13QBB
2016 Ford F150
2018 Ford F150
2018 Camplite 21BHS

DavidM

Paul:

My friend John is staying at many of the sites in NB, PEI and NS. He can tell us all about them when we meetup in August at Riviere a la Peche.

David