ceramic heater??

Started by abodyjoe, January 30, 2017, 12:51:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

abodyjoe

i have a QS 8.1.  a friend recommended a ceramic heater to take the edge off if it happens to get cool out..    anyone have a recommendation on what size would do the trick?

i won't be out in 30 degree weather (by choice anyway) but say in the mid 40's..

thanks in advance...

DavidM

Virtually all plug in ceramic heaters are 1,500 watts max and most have one or more lower rates like 750 watts. Amazon has plenty. I would look for one with a quiet fan as any noise will be annoying in a small camper.

David

abodyjoe

yea amazon has a million of them..  i was hoping that someone here had one they really liked that they could recommend..

rideandfly

abodyjoe,

We've been using a Lasko 1500W heater for the 3rd year. It's been durable and used it many times down to mid 20s in a CampLite 11 TT. Be sure to check out the Amazon reviews. There are happy and unhappy camper reviews.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dgarden&field-keywords=lasko+pro-ceramic+heater

Bill

abodyjoe

thanks, i'll check it out...    i'm sure your unit is way more insulated then my tent on wheels..lol   

Steve Sanders

Get one that has a thermostat control instead of just low, medium and high settings. That way you can find a comfortable temperature and leave it alone.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Capt J-rod

I use this one...
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Broan-Big-Heat-1500-Watt-Ceramic-Electric-Portable-Heater-with-Built-In-Thermostat-6201S/202919925?cm_mmc=Shopping%7CTHD%7CG%7C0%7CG-BASE-PLA-D26P-AirCirculation%7C&gclid=Cj0KCQjw0K7NBRC7ARIsAEaqLRGN-cKB1rFBOIWqqzo6bSLNeNq7p87tNi0NgybFGZ73-q2d6VnFxLcaAl3CEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CIfO4YqditYCFQRBDAodGTsBvg

It is made by broan which is the same company that makes the commercial electric heaters you see in entry ways and bathrooms. I always get nervous about cheap electric heaters as they seem to cause lots of fires. No matter which one you pick be sure to plug it in in your garage and do a good "burn off" to get the smells out of it. It works very well and I have used it down to 30 degrees without the furnace kicking on in my 21. The propane furnaces work awesome, but they sound like a jet engine taking off.
Now if I could convince Mitsubishi to build us an air conditioner that drew no amps and didn't sound like a freight train!

wcart3r

I also use a Lasko heater. It is well built and works good.