Schwintek control module location(esp. on 16DBS)

Started by nolichuckyjake, May 08, 2019, 05:29:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nolichuckyjake

I have a year and a half old (2018--last year) Camplite 16DBS.   Having no trouble with the slide, but was watching some videos, and learned that there is a control module somewhere.  The wiring for the slide goes through the wall to under the shower pan--so, though I hope not---I'm guessing that's where it is.  I have that space pretty well sealed up, and never looked for such a module before I did that.

Can anyone tell me if that's where it is?   The other wiring from the back of the trailer feeds under the sink where the water pump is---and I don't see a module there.

Hope everyone's doing well with their Camplites.   I've had no problems with mine, with about 8000 miles on it.  Have had it across the country (from NC) once, and going back again this summer.

Michael

Merlin

The control module for my 16TBS is behind a small panel that is fastened with 2 screws in the Azdel high up on the wall near the ceiling just to the right of the bathroom door. I couldn't resist seeing what was behind that panel when we bought the camper and it was the slide control.
Michigan

nolichuckyjake

Thanks, Martin.   Unfortunately, I don't have that panel where you do.     Felt for the wiring behind the moulding on the slide, and it seems to go down under storage space at bottom of slide, so I'm guessing the control module is there--which means, you have to pull off the front panel near the floor to access it.   Way to go, LL. 

Has anyone here had need to access the control module, or had any trouble with their schwintek slides?   

Thanks,
Michael

ADR

On my '18 16TBS it is mounted in the corner of the slide nearest the door.  The end panel of the slide out assembly can be unscrewed to access it.  It actually travels in and out with the slide.

nolichuckyjake

Thanks for the reply, ADR.  If I understand this correctly, it means you could only access it with the slide closed--if removing the side panel.  From instructions gleaned from YT videos, you can (sometimes) override the mechanism by entering a code on the control module, in order to get the slide closed, which means being able to access the module with the slide open.

In that case, you would have to remove the front panel.

I'll do that with mine and see what I've got.

Michael