Trailer Hitch & 7 Pin Connector Installation

Started by rideandfly, June 20, 2015, 03:44:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rideandfly

When we purchased the 2013 Nissan Frontier, the plan was to use it as a tow vehicle for the CampLite. The four door Frontier is equipped with a 4.0L 261HP V6, automatic transmission. It's handles the 2000lb CampLite 11 easily. This pickup was not equipped with trailer hitch and 7 pin electrical connector. It was equipped with transmission oil cooler, same as Frontiers with towing package.  This pickup & hitch are rated for 6300lbs maximum towing capacity and 630lbs maximum tongue weight.

The parts bolted on easily and all electrical connectors were plug & play, with good instructions.

Purchased a Nissan trailer hitch and 7 pin electrical connector kit.

Nissan Trailer Hitch:

Nissan Plug & Play 7 pins electrical connector:

Received with the 7 pin kit & installed cable/relays behind the right kick panel in the cab, it's all plug & play:

Purchased aftermarket cable & trailer controller from E-trailer. It was all plug & play. There are better brake controllers on the market, than what I installed. Will upgrade brake controller in the future.

The brake controller aftermarket cable plugged into a plug on the steering column:

Bill

Paul

Picture of the truck?   ;) good job installing your hitch thank you for sharing
2014 Ford Escape
2015 Camplite 13QBB
2016 Ford F150
2018 Ford F150
2018 Camplite 21BHS

rideandfly

Bill

Paul

Nice! I wish I had a truck, my Escape is doing ok but a bit small if you want to bring some stuff, but since I am seasonal it's not too bad I don't tow it often
2014 Ford Escape
2015 Camplite 13QBB
2016 Ford F150
2018 Ford F150
2018 Camplite 21BHS

rideandfly

Thanks,

We really like pickup trucks. Our other vehicle is a 1st generation Toyota Tacoma, manual transmission,  and 2.4L four cylinder. Use the Tacoma as a tow vehicle for the motorcycle trailer & boat.

Towed the CampLite with the Tacoma, too:

Bill