Ordered a 2018 21BHS

Started by Paul, August 16, 2017, 12:20:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul

The family is growing and the 13QBB start to be a tight fit for us. We ordered a 2018 21BHS in Indigo Blue since we have a blue truck! Ordered with the aluminum interior, power awning and fantastic fans.
2014 Ford Escape
2015 Camplite 13QBB
2016 Ford F150
2018 Ford F150
2018 Camplite 21BHS

Merlin

Wonderful news!  Great choice' it will fit nicely and be a great addition to your seasonal site.
Michigan

Heather 1

gbpack

Great move Paul! You are going to love it. Even though Thor owns them now and has changed a few things (some for the better), Livin Lite is still makes a tremendous trailer! We love our 21BHS and know that you will too! We wanted the aluminum cabinets too but when we ordered in the fall of 2015 they wouldn't give them to us at that time. Oh well, we still like it anyways!! Best wishes and enjoy the rest of your summer (and early fall) while you are waiting for it. Hopefully you'll be able to take it out and try it yet this season after you get it!

Capt J-rod

I hope you love yours as much as my family loves mine. They are in my opinion the best compromise between weight, design, durability, and function. I tell my buddies that as an engineer if I were to design and build a camper, I couldn't do a better job. Congrats!!!

Paul

I have been considering getting a Friction Sway Control but I can't really find one that you don't need to drill in the frame. Anyone have a suggestion?
2014 Ford Escape
2015 Camplite 13QBB
2016 Ford F150
2018 Ford F150
2018 Camplite 21BHS

pjcd

I feel the same way, I settled for the "Anderson Hitch", I wasn't too concerned with the weight distribution aspect, (I tow with a Chevy Duramax). I towed with and with out and IMO towing with a sway bar definitely makes a difference. There are members who don't use anything and are happy with the way their TV / TT tows, try both ways and see how you feel.

Capt J-rod

I have a Husky TS Centerline. Works great with zero complaints. No holes required. I did put a piece of rubber between the steel and aluminum to combat corrosion. I had to notch my propane tank cover to fit over the brackets, but it was really simple.
https://www.etrailer.com/Weight-Distribution/Husky/HT32218.html?feed=npn&gclid=CjwKCAjw_dTMBRBHEiwApIzn_JdB5TzRSAJ-2aBdBz6fNG6IR6Hx-QAIcF2QbTqCgIhCZMzB3QP0LxoCc_wQAvD_BwE

gbpack

Quote from: Paul on August 17, 2017, 11:22:33 AM
I have been considering getting a Friction Sway Control but I can't really find one that you don't need to drill in the frame. Anyone have a suggestion?
Paul - We use the Andersen WDH with our 21BHS and it works great. It achieves the anti-sway through use of a friction cone. It works very well, is easy to use, and doesn't put any holes in your trailer frame. Also, the hitch it comes with has an adjustable drop, so you can easily modify it to give you a level pull no matter what the type of tow vehicle. I highly recommend it!

PaulJ

I had used the EQUALIZER for 16 years on my old trailer.  We bought the Camp Lite 21RBS and just transferred it over. NO DRILLING and rated by Trailer Life best hitch for several years now.  I love ours. 

ammobob

Congrats Paul. We went through the same thing. Upgraded to a 21 BHS from a 16DB. Those young ones grow up fast don't they!

djsamuel

Quote from: Paul on August 17, 2017, 11:22:33 AM

Congratulations Paul!

We've been using the Andersen hitch for 4 years now and it has worked great.  No complaints whatsoever.  Hope you enjoy your 21BHS as much as we've enjoyed ours.

Bordi45

I previously towed a 16ft single axle TT with a VW Touareg and used a sway bar regularly, and I'm pretty convinced it saved my bacon once in Glenwood Canyon when a big wind gust hit.  That said, I decided at first to not run one on our 21BHS with the warnings about the aluminum frame.  My TV now is a Ram 1500, and this camper pulls so much better with the double axles and balance of the trailer that I see no reason to use a sway bar.  We've towed it all over the Colorado mountains, and out to Wisconsin and back this summer in all sorts of quartering and cross winds with no problem what so ever.

Paul

Here is my trailer beeing built! Can't wait to see the final result!
2014 Ford Escape
2015 Camplite 13QBB
2016 Ford F150
2018 Ford F150
2018 Camplite 21BHS

whitefish

Cool! That's awesome they are sending updates and pictures.

You're a bad influence Paul. I've always wanted to "upgrade" to a 21 with bunks. You got me looking at trailers again. ;)